SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Parking ticket woes at Pearcefield Av (Sainsbury's) car park....
Jane2

07-03-2013 06:37 PM

I agree that the signage is not particularly clear in that car park. The fact that the car park is attached to the Sainsburys can be misleading. Also, the last time I was there the machine was playing up, as half of the buttons weren't working. So if you were unfortunate enough to have the numbers in your numberplate that were the broken buttons then it was very difficult to obtain a ticket. I spent a good 5 minutes at the machine, in the end I only managed to get it to issue a ticket by jabbing the buttons very hard with a key. I didn't realise there was another machine.

I don't agree that without a ticket they wouldn't know how long you had been there. They certainly manage to monitor the cars parked in the free 30 minutes spots everywhere else in Forest Hill (having been on the receiving end of a parking ticket when I got back to my car 2 minutes late).

The Perry Vale car park is the same, you also need a ticket for the free parking, which is not obvious either but I am always careful to do after a parking officer warned me about it. But why don't they have a ticket machine at the other end of the car park, near to the Royal Mail office? I have to park the car near to the ticket machine, get the ticket, and then get back in the car and drive to the other end of the car park (before anyone asks why I don't just walk across the car park, it is because I usually have children with me and there are no paths for pedestrians so I don't feel particularly safe as some cars drive quite fast round that car park).

It wouldn't hurt to have a few large signs in these car parks saying YOU NEED A TICKET FOR FREE PARKING

With all these fantastic new shops in Forest Hill, we are attracting more non-locals to the centre, who aren't familiar with the car parks - what a welcome to Forest Hill, getting a parking ticket!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Parking ticket woes at Pearcefield Av (Sainsbury's) car park.... - Jane2 - 07-03-2013 06:37 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Honor Oak Park ticket office cuts rbmartin 5 5,444 30-05-2020 12:39 AM
Last Post: oryx
  Pearcefield Car Park (Sainsburys) changes Herbparis 0 3,762 23-03-2020 02:34 PM
Last Post: Herbparis
  TfL reverses decision to close Honor Oak Park ticket office hillview 5 5,189 12-05-2019 10:14 PM
Last Post: johnfbw
  Sainsbury's Car Park "recycling" clausy 9 13,830 14-07-2015 07:46 AM
Last Post: jollyrog
  Anyone in Sainsburys/Pearcefield road car park this morning (Friday 23rd Dec)? ladywotlunches 3 6,934 23-12-2011 07:32 PM
Last Post: rshdunlop
  Parking machine in Sainsburys car park. Wilson 8 11,074 10-12-2011 09:31 AM
Last Post: shzl400
  Stondon Park Parking v_g0 7 9,443 14-06-2011 11:59 PM
Last Post: v_g0