SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Damage to cars in Garthorne?
Tinkerbell

01-08-2013 11:48 PM

Can't quite believe that someone would be so stupid, but I've just watched a middle aged guy (jeans, black top) walking down the entire lenght of Garthorne Road from where it meets Ewart down to Ackroyd (where I think he turned into Ackroyd, couldn't see where he went and he was gone before I could e.g. call the police), willfully banging his backpack into every single car on his way, with quite a bit of force and intent (sides of cars mostly, occasionally windows). He seemed drunk or under the influence of substances, staggering from one side of the road to the other and may have been muttering something. I don't think he was intending to break into any of the cars (he'd have needed to use more force and I didn't hear any of the windows break),he just randomly hit them with that backpack. But the backpack must have weighted a good few pounds and he made a lot of noise each time he hit one of the cars, so am wondering if anyone else got woken up by this or saw him? (12.30am) He must have hit at least 20 cars in Garthorne and I'm pretty sure a few will have some sort of damage or broken off mirrors etc. Whilst that is irritating, I'm actually more worried that he did look really disturbed.

This post was last modified: 01-08-2013 11:49 PM by Tinkerbell.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Southlonder

02-08-2013 11:59 AM

thanks for letting me know, my car could have been one of the ones hit.

I assume you reported the incident of vandalism to the police right?

Tinkerbell

02-08-2013 12:23 PM

Not reported when it happened, I wasn't quite sure what to do as it was in the middle of the night, but happy to report it today if it helps. I presume there is an online tool for reporting these incidents?

My own car did not get damaged so can't report it as damage to my own property (he happened to walk on the other side of the road on this stretch and whacked his backpack into the side of a neighbour's van instead), but hopefully I can still report it as vandalism to other people's property? Just hope this isn't going to become some sort of nightly activity or hobby for the chap. It looked pretty scary to watch as he clearly was quite aggrevated.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Con couple trying to steal from unlocked cars (Garthorne & surrounding streets) Tinkerbell 2 4,608 16-08-2017 08:13 PM
Last Post: Sherwood
  Further Damage to cars in Kemble Road Erekose 0 3,712 11-06-2013 04:38 PM
Last Post: Erekose
  Damage to cars on Davids Road tohellwithculture 36 37,113 07-08-2011 05:17 PM
Last Post: brian