SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Lewisham maternity labour ward experiences
RosieMc

30-06-2013 10:47 AM

I gave birth to my son in November 2011 in the birthing centre, but needed to receive some treatment post birth, and so was transferred to the maternity ward for 3 days.

My (albeit) brief experience in the birthing centre was exceptional, and the operative care I received was second to none, but I did have a very difficult time in the 3 days I was recovering in the labour ward after the operation. At the time, it was seriously understaffed, I did not receive the guidance I needed in terms of breastfeeding, which was difficult enough as first time mother (it was actually other more experienced mothers in the ward who gave me the guidance I needed, thankfully) and it took them over 24 hours to get their paperwork organised to discharge me (I was told at 10pm on the Sunday that I could go home first thing on Monday morning, and ended up leaving at 1030pm on the Monday night). I was also discharged with conflicting advice on the medication I should be taking.

I sent a letter to the hospital ombudsman the week that I was discharged. Things may have improved since then, because I believe that there was a review of the labour ward services as a consequence of my letter, amongst others received at the time.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Lewisham maternity labour ward experiences - RosieMc - 30-06-2013 10:47 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Lewisham Environmental Services - experiences of using? ambient 2 4,443 22-02-2010 09:22 PM
Last Post: lottie