SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Lewisham Environmental Services - experiences of using?
ambient
No longer registered

22-02-2010 05:46 PM

I'm looking to find positive or negative experiences of using Lewisham's Environmental services for pest control....as opposed to a private company such as Rentokil.

Essentially, i'm trying to discover if the (significantly) more expensive fees charged by a private company are worth it in terms of a significantly quicker and more efficient service than that provided by the council.

Unsure whether the forum rules regarding "recommendations only by PM" apply for this or whether you can reply inline.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Londondrz

22-02-2010 07:23 PM

Have used them on a good few occasions as the two next houses to us have very overgrown and unattended gardens so we have rats running around. Very helpfull service and very nice people who attend the property. On first name terms with one of the guys.

Remember, they will only come out for rats and not mice for free.

lottie

22-02-2010 09:22 PM

What do you specifically need them for? Re previous reply they charge too much to put down mouse traps/poison better to read online advice and put down shop bought stuff. On the other hand they were very quick, efficient and polite in the removal of a dead fox near my back door!

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Voluntary Services Lewisham Wine Tasting VoluntaryServicesLewisham 3 4,517 08-11-2015 12:03 PM
Last Post: Tim Lund
  Lewisham maternity labour ward experiences chris23 6 10,978 12-07-2013 10:59 AM
Last Post: spentrails