SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Devonshire Road- vehicle damage
roz

14-11-2009 01:35 PM

Vent away, Ann, its why this site exists! The 'old' campaign needs to be revived, I think, ie the one which some of us kicked off a few years ago which tried to look at all the roads in the HOR/Dev Road area inc Manor Mount, Ewelme, Benson and Tyson to reach a better solution and to reduce speeding and indeed traffic volume. The Devonshire Road 'issue' was an integral part of this, ie the number of cars turning right into Dev Road as a rat run and there not being adequate width for cars to pass safely as well as be parked on each side. The argument was put forward to try and prevent cars turning off the sth circ into Dev Road for that very reason- car damage and significant congestion, all for little gain on time, but the Council did not take this on quoting resistance from TFL and the cost of consultation. However the fact remains that this road is too narrow for the current traffic load and like Ann's experience, I have witnessed in passing many such accidents and slicing off of wing mirrors etc. Fortunately we had a KA for many years so have had a fairly easy ride but now with a bigger car its almost impossible to get past so we often just skip the Dev Rd turning and go via HOR- slightly longer in distance but not necessarily any slower.

Not sure whether Shlz400s comment on baby buggies is a serious one, but it is a problem to get past with a buggy when some inconsiderate person as parked half on the pavement, however I can't really blame them for doing this given the situation.

You may want to contact the Council again to see if they have changed their position but I suspect that any solution might be more likely to reduce parking on one side of the road rather than to take steps to reduce the traffic volume.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Devonshire Road- vehicle damage - roz - 14-11-2009 01:35 PM
RE: Devonshire Road- vehicle damage - roz - 27-01-2010, 12:25 PM
RE: Devonshire Road- vehicle damage - roz - 18-05-2010, 08:09 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Further Damage to cars in Kemble Road Erekose 0 3,808 11-06-2013 05:38 PM
Last Post: Erekose
  Car damage on Herschell Road? mitchy117 0 3,088 30-04-2013 09:39 PM
Last Post: mitchy117