SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Neighbour Dumping rubbish in front garden
cocteauuk

18-01-2008 06:10 PM

Hi everybody,

I live at Ackroyd road where I own the ground floor flat of a house and I've been having problems with the tennants from the first floor as they are building and constantly leave rubbish, old furniture and even bags with rotten food! that attracts rats etc...

Could anyone tell me how should I deal with it; I've had solicitors to talk with the flat owner who wasn't convinced the front garden was ours so they stopped leaving rubbish for a while . but they have started again, this time the rubbish has been there for 2 whole weeks!

Evn Services in Lewisham would come and pick it up . but I don't think it should be just like that they should know that is not right!

Thanks for any help.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bigbadwolf

18-01-2008 06:25 PM

If they are carrying out building work than all construction waste must and I emphasis must be left in a skip. Trust me I'm a Demolitions expert/engineer and it's the law on large sites (not too sure about small sites) and part of a drive to recyle as much construction waste as possible in order to avoid landfill. Hope I've helped.

nevermodern

18-01-2008 07:34 PM

Hi, cocteauUK. If the property is leasehold, then there's quite probaby something in the lease about proper disposal of rubbish, upkeep of communal areas and so on. If you're a leasholder too, it's probably the same lease as that of the other flat, so check through it to see if this is the case. You then have something to go the the freeholder with to show that the tenants are breaking their lease. This is my feeling anyway. I'm no expert. The CAB would be able to give you sound advice on this.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  rubbish dumping on Taymount Rise nottinghillbilly 3 5,978 29-07-2011 01:07 PM
Last Post: Sherwood