SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Sydenham Rise - potentially dangerous walls
Red67

09-03-2010 12:12 PM

The Dulwich Estate Scheme of Management officers are well aware of the situation concerning the retaining walls on Sydenham Rise. To the best of my knowledge, the work is currently out to tender and freeholders are waiting to be informed by the Managers on the result.....it is rather more complicated than 'Dulwich Estate = wealthy, therefore spend money quickly on repairs' .....i wish....!
Freeholders are liable for a lot of the cost of repair and maintenance works on amenity areas.

Too long and convoluted to go into here, but: http://www.dulwichestate.co.uk/som/

The restrictive covenant (administered by the Scheme of Management) on properties on the Dulwich Estate operates in the same way as Hampstead Garden Suburb, Bournville and Poundbury..... i can't comment on how quickly repair work gets done in any of those places.

Anyhow, all agree that 'the walls' are a matter of urgency, especially as the winter seems to have had a dramatic effect in hastening the decay, so maybe your letter will have chivvied them along a bit.....

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Sydenham Rise - potentially dangerous walls - Red67 - 09-03-2010 12:12 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tree down - Sydenham Rise Red67 1 3,275 23-02-2017 03:49 PM
Last Post: Red67
  Motorbike crash on Sydenham Rise bigbadwolf 1 3,961 17-11-2008 10:02 AM
Last Post: brian