SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
September Southern Timetable changes
nottinghillbilly

27-09-2022 08:24 PM

Thank-you..
I wrote to Elie Reeves some time ago complaining about the cuts to our service..and the shortening of the train to 5 carriages.
Now the trains are back to 10 carriages but still with only 2 an hour which makes for a tedious wait should one just miss a train or one gets cancelled.
As you will have noticed the Overground is hideously overcrowded at peak travel times (dangerously so I feel)..The other day someone opened my bag and tried to steal from it whilst we were all stood crammed against each other sardine style.
The interchange at Canada Water is horrendous so I always try and catch the southern service in order to avoid the crush and have space to breathe
Yesterday was the nadir when I boarded the 18.28 at London Bridge and the train went the wrong way...not stopping until Streatham taking the wrong tracks no announcements no nothing!
And no...I wasn't on the wrong train.
There were at least 20 of us (probably more) all on the train totally bewildered as to what was happening.
We got off at Streatham Hill had to cross the bridge and get the next train to Crystal Palace then change platforms again to get trains back to Forest Hill,brockley and so forth.
I think we need to really fight to get a decent regular service.
After last nights experience I have zero trust in our train service

This post was last modified: 27-09-2022 08:24 PM by nottinghillbilly.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: September Southern Timetable changes - nottinghillbilly - 27-09-2022 08:24 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  2018 proposed changes to Southern timetable Azira 61 53,477 23-01-2018 10:25 PM
Last Post: Hare on the hill
  Southern Timetable Dec 2015 BleuPeep 3 5,472 31-12-2015 11:43 PM
Last Post: rbmartin