SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Southern Timetable Dec 2015
BleuPeep

21-11-2015 11:45 PM

http://www.southernrailway.com/southern/...y-for-2018

Have only just seen this - apologies if it's been discussed already. It includes the phrase "A better service for passengers using the Sydenham corridor"

Does anyone know what this actually means? Services seem to have taken a real nose dive again over the past few weeks. Particularly in the evening rush, after about 5.30 it feels like there's only ever a 50-50 chance that a given train will run on schedule.

On the timetable itself it talks about more evenly spaced times with the Overground but if we're left with an 06 and 14 instead of an 06 and 22 then that's not quite my definition of even spacing!
http://www.southernrailway.com/download/...c-2015-sn/
Could be that I've misread it entirely so any wiser minds' opinions much appreciated ..

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stepover

22-11-2015 03:32 PM

I really can't see any material change. There's a minor change to a few southbound trains from London Bridge heading round to Victoria but that's it. Agree that services have taken another turn for the worse recently. My personal pet peeve is the short notice cancellation of late running services which are run fast from Crystal Palace to LB despite being scheduled to stop at Sydenham, FH, HOP & Brockley. This is utterly infuriating as it is cynically done to massage Southerns figures and save them money but causes knock on overcrowding on Overground and other Southern trains between CP and LB.

I'd be interested to request data (under freedom of information if necessary) to see how often they've employed this tactic in the last year...

Sherwood

28-12-2015 03:36 PM

The new Overground timetable says there are more trains after 10.00 p.m.!

rbmartin

31-12-2015 10:43 PM

The Southern timetable has been altered to allow the Overground trains to operate every 7-8 minutes until around 10pm.

However the uneven trains into London Bridge in effect means that it'll add more people onto the Overground/Jubilee if you miss the Southern train from Victoria then have a 25+ min wait.

The extra trains to FH mean that there's no longer a 20 min wait between trains at Canada Water with a train roughly every 10 mins during late evenings.

This post was last modified: 31-12-2015 10:44 PM by rbmartin.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  September Southern Timetable changes rbmartin 17 8,411 01-10-2022 12:18 PM
Last Post: rbmartin
  2018 proposed changes to Southern timetable Azira 61 51,772 23-01-2018 09:25 PM
Last Post: Hare on the hill