SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Honor Oak Park ticket office cuts
Tinkerbell

05-03-2020 01:44 PM

Well, that's nice for you, johnfbw. I happen to use it a lot. And it angers me that after having petitioned and been promised by tfl that the ticket office would remain a ticket office, they've gone back on it now.

I am self employed and use public transport frequently, at all hours, but not every day, rather 4-5 days out of 7, so weekly/monthly tickets don't always make sense. The ticket machines at HOP (and everywhere else I've had the misfortune to use them) are terribly unreliable. Half the time only one is in use (leading to queues), sometimes they get stuck half way through a transaction, and they are almost always slower than actually topping up or buying a weekly oyster at the ticket office.

Some of the station staff are wonderful and have been there for years. They are now forced to sit behind the glass with a 'information only' sign on display, which isn't what they're there for or want to do.

It's clearly a first step to get rid of the ticket office and many of the staff there altogether ('it's no longer used so we can close it'), to be replaced with untrained service staff with an i-pad. As friendly as they may be, the results at stations like Westminster (where I happen to get on/off the tube a lot) are confusion, queues and dissatisfaction of commuters and tourists.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Honor Oak Park ticket office cuts - Tinkerbell - 05-03-2020 01:44 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  TfL reverses decision to close Honor Oak Park ticket office hillview 5 5,239 12-05-2019 10:14 PM
Last Post: johnfbw
  TFL consultation on ticket office closures including HOP pixysunflower 0 2,849 09-10-2018 05:15 PM
Last Post: pixysunflower
  Parking ticket woes at Pearcefield Av (Sainsbury's) car park.... gbrownings 22 27,105 14-04-2014 08:59 AM
Last Post: Londondrz
  Honor Oak Post Office - Good News! Tersie 0 4,220 07-05-2008 02:44 PM
Last Post: Tersie
  Queuing for the ticket office baggydave 17 17,216 11-03-2008 02:26 PM
Last Post: brian