SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Forest Hill Society AGM
michael

06-10-2008 08:11 PM

Wednesday 15th October The Forest Hill Society?s Annual General Meeting at The Hob pub, 7 Devonshire Road, opposite Forest Hill Station. Doors open at 7pm, proceedings get underway at 7.30pm. This will be an opportunity to discuss the key issues affecting SE23 and to elect the Executive Committee.

I look forward to seeing many forum members there. This forum was the birthplace of the Forest Hill Society and I hope that some of you will consider joining the Executive committee to help us continue our activities. If you would like more information send me a PM.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
michael

15-10-2008 10:11 PM

Congratulations to Peter Irby who has taken over from me as chairman of the Forest Hill Society.
http://foresthillsociety.blogspot.com/20...ciety.html

michael

05-10-2009 12:44 PM

Helpfully for the name of this thread, the Forest Hill Society is having our AGM on 15th October 2009 (exactly a year after our last AGM). Same time, same venue.

We have a guest speaker from TfL coming to talk about improvements planned for the local train stations and the coming of the East London Line.

Since this is the AGM there will be elections for the new Executive committee. If you would like to get involved in shaping the direction of the Forest Hill Society and helping us in the campaigns and events that we organise, you can stand on the night, or let me know in advance. Many on the committee are standing for re-election but there are plenty of places for additional members.

As I pointed out last year, the Society was born on this forum back in 2002. Since then many new people have joined the forum and have shown their enthusiasm for Forest Hill. The Society is your chance to have your say and to make a difference, so please get involved.

michael

15-10-2009 12:20 PM

Please join us this evening and find out who is the new chair of the Society!

TfL will be answering questions about the East London Line and ways that the stations can be improved (not about Southern Railway services).

Councillor Susan Wise will be joining us to talk about green spaces in the area, part of her responsibility as a cabinet member on Lewisham council.

7:30pm upstairs at the Hob.

michael

15-10-2009 10:50 PM

Congratulations to our new chairman, Richard Hibbert. I am confident that Richard will do a great job and has a fine team behind him in the new executive.

I will be continuing as vice-chair, without being acting chairman. Peter will also be continuing on the executive along with many of the old committee, and some new faces.

michael

19-10-2010 11:02 AM

So how do you think Richard and the executive have done over the last year?

The Forest Hill Society AGM is on Thursday, 21st October 2010, 7.30 pm at The Hob opposite Forest Hill Station.

Our Guest Speaker is Peter Holman from London in Bloom who’s going to talk to us about the organisation’s work to promote gardening and sustainability in London and the competitions they run. We’re particularly interested in their project “It’s Your Neighbourhood” which we feel could be of real benefit to SE23. So, if you’d like to get involved in the greening of Forest Hill and Honor Oak Park, we do hope you’ll come along to the AGM to find out more about what we can do.

Members, non-members, and new members are all welcome to attend.

Note: The date is not 15th but 21st, the thread title is just because I'm recycling the thread from the last two years.

admin
Administrator

19-10-2010 11:07 AM

Thread title amended.

Satchers

21-10-2010 12:35 PM

Hope to see lots of you at the Hob this evening for the AGM. If you aren't already a member its a great opportuinity to join the Forest Hill Society.

Its only £5 a year!

michael

16-11-2012 08:22 AM

Forest Hill Society AGM - Thursday 22nd November 2012
7:30pm - Upstairs, The Hob (opposite Forest Hill station)

Join us to celebrate a tremendous year in the regeneration of Forest Hill and let us know what we should be doing in the next year. The Forest Hill Society has made a real difference and we would like you to consider joining our team to make stuff happen around Forest Hill. A small amount of time from more people would allow us to make even more of a difference to Forest Hill and Honor Oak.

We also have the general manager of Forest Hill Pools talking to us about their facilities and answering your questions.

Non-members as well as members are welcome to attend.

michael

22-11-2012 08:47 AM

Hope you can make it along this evening at 7:30pm.

michael

23-11-2012 11:32 AM

Great to see more than 40 people at the AGM and some new members for the executive.

Some of our major achievements in the last year:
* Monthly markets
* Swings and table tennis in the Horniman Triangle
* Flowers in the town centre
* Swimming Pool opened
* Underpass work started
* Helping to re-form the FH Traders Association
* Supporting the successful Portas funding bid
* Encouraging new shops to set up in Forest Hill and Honor Oak

As said by a few of the recent people who joined the committee, there is a wonderful feeling of fulfilment seeing the difference we are able to make in Forest Hill.

If I spoke to you last night about getting more involved, or if you couldn't make it but would like to get involved, we have committees for particular aspects of the Society that meet about 6 times a year to coordinate activities.

If you have a particular interest in one of the following areas we would be particularly pleased to hear from you:

Publicity and Communications
Transport
Planning
Environment
Events

Now is a great time to get more involved and help support the hard work that our team has put into making Forest Hill an even better place. Just send me a PM or email michael@foresthillsociety.com

michael

08-11-2013 01:39 PM

Forest Hill Society AGM - Thursday 12th December 2013
7:30pm - Upstairs, The Hob (opposite Forest Hill station)

The Forest Hill Society AGM is a chance to elect the new executive and set out our priorities for the year ahead and beyond. We have some great ideas and want to hear all suggestion for ways to improve SE23 (Forest Hill and Honor Oak).

We welcome members and non-members to our AGM.

This year we would particular welcome new members to the executive committee and to the other sub-committees specifically relating to:
Environment - expanding the flowers in the town centre and supporting nature projects in SE23
Development - Reviewing planning applications and developing a long-term strategy for town centre regeneration
Transport - Rail, Road, Parking, and Bus issues
Communications & Events - Producing regular newsletters in print and electronic, and planning events from talks to walks

We have proved that a relatively small number of enthusiastic residents can actually make a big impact on the area (flowers at the station, monthly food fairs, bringing new businesses to the high street, planting the edible high street, campaigning on train frequencies and to save the pool, and many other little things that add up to something big).

Perhaps you could spare a few hours a year to help make an even bigger impact? It honestly doesn't have to take much of your time to make a big difference to Forest Hill.

michael

15-11-2013 02:26 PM

We have now confirmed our guest speaker: local resident and PhD student Jacob Phillips will be telling us more about Dietrich Bonhoeffer, the local resident (80 years ago) and German pastor who opposed the Nazi regime in Germany. This follows on from Jacob's article for the newsletter earlier this year.

michael

10-12-2013 11:58 AM

Don't forget the Forest Hill Society AGM on Thursday evening. We hope you can join us to hear about Dietrich Bonhoeffer, and to discuss the work of the Forest Hill Society (two completely separate subjects).

Hopefully a few regulars on SE23.com will take the opportunity to join the Executive of the Society, and help find new ways to make Forest Hill an even better place to live!

Cellar Door

10-12-2013 03:23 PM

michael wrote:
Hopefully a few regulars on SE23.com will take the opportunity to join the Executive of the Society...

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the reminder about the Forest Hill Society AGM on Thursday evening.

I was going to join the Executive of the Society this year, now that I have all this spare time on my hands. (I love retirement. Or semi-retirement as my week is filling up nicely with volunteering.)

But I am moving. Leaving SE23 after nearly two decades.

I am off to the far, far South...

To SE26!

I am moving slowly between the two properties during December. My last official night in the hill is 31st December 2013.

I am sure I will visit Forest Hill. The public transport connections appear to be good between here and Sydenham. And you can walk between the two, if that is your thing.

There are some lovely people here in Forest Hill, I have come to discover, despite the warnings from the better travel guides they were flogging to me back in Oz in the 1990s. Good shops and other things I have since found in London's Glittering Forest Hill. I must write to these travel guides such as "Rough Guide" and "Time Out" to encourage them to update their entries if they have not already done so.

I think Forest Hill might just be the new Sydenham. But only time will tell.

Good luck with the Forest Hill Society AGM this Thursday upstairs at The Hob.

It just seems like yesterday that I volunteered to put the first flyer through letter boxes in my neighbourhood to let folks know that the Forest Hill Society had been formed and that they were looking for people to get involved.

And what a success the Forest Hill Society has been in just 7.5 short years.

Well done to yourself and many, many others.

Cheers,

Rob

michael

10-12-2013 04:41 PM

The Forest Hill Society does welcome members from SE26 and we have even had executive members from SE26 (from Thorpewood Avenue, Round Hill, and Burghill Road). So if you find most of your retirement spent in the pubs of SE23 then you may want to stay involved.

Primarily though the Forest Hill Society is concerned with SE23; whether that is Perry Vale ward, Forest Hill ward, or even Crofton Park ward. And we continue to cooperate closely with the Sydenham Society on areas of mutual interest.

rbmartin

11-12-2013 01:30 AM

I live in SE22 (just!) and was made more than welcome by the FHSoc when I joined a couple of years ago.

If you use the amenities or public transport, it's a great vehicle for getting your voice heard, regardless of living just outside of the SE23 postcode.

P1971

11-12-2013 09:50 PM

Michael see you on Thursday and Cellar Door would love to meet you. See you all Thursday. P x

P1971

12-12-2013 08:29 PM

Hi Michael
I wasn't able to get along tonight due to childcare, can you email me minutes of the meeting and I'll let you know where I can help out.
Thanks P x

michael

13-12-2013 08:24 AM

I'm pleased to say that we had a good AGM last night with a fascinating talk about Deitrich Bonhoeffer.

Richard has stepped down as chairman after four years in the post, making a massive contribution to Forest Hill over that period. Richard will continue to sit on the executive committee along with many of the old executive plus some new members.

The new chairman will be me, and I look forward to building on all the great work that Richard has done and looking for new ways to improve Forest Hill. If you think there is anything that we should be considering then please get in touch via PM or email michael@fhsoc.com

Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Forest Hill Society eNewsletter - October 2023 admin 1 1,669 20-09-2023 08:23 PM
Last Post: rbmartin
  Forest Hill Society August Newsletter admin 0 1,503 28-07-2023 09:04 AM
Last Post: admin
  Christmas quiz with the Forest Hill Society michael 0 1,544 04-12-2022 08:57 PM
Last Post: michael
  Forest Hill Society AGM 2022 michael 0 1,734 06-10-2022 08:29 AM
  Forest Hill Society AGM - Upcoming on October 13th clausy 1 2,916 13-10-2021 03:31 PM
  Forest Hill Society - Walk Through History starman 0 2,730 22-01-2020 11:01 AM
Last Post: starman
  Forest Hill Society AGM and ULEZ Explained - 17th October 2019 michael 2 4,037 18-10-2019 09:40 AM
Last Post: starman
  Forest Hill Society Meet Up michael 1 3,752 02-10-2019 10:58 AM
  Forest Hill Society AGM - Monday, 1st October 2018 michael 0 3,491 02-09-2018 01:03 PM
  Forest Hill Society gardening - help needed quetta 0 3,146 24-04-2018 04:15 PM
Last Post: quetta
  Forest Hill Society AGM michael 0 2,846 07-10-2016 01:19 PM
  Forest Hill Society Pub Crawl - Thursday 26th November michael 1 4,572 26-11-2015 06:35 PM
  Forest Hill Society AGM Thursday 22nd October 2015 michael 0 3,502 21-10-2015 02:51 PM
  Visit the Olympic Park with the Forest Hill Society michael 0 3,868 19-06-2014 02:29 PM
  Nice article from the Forest Hill Society admin 0 3,898 22-03-2014 08:25 AM
Last Post: admin
  Forest Hill Society - General Meeting / Social michael 0 3,577 22-06-2012 07:55 AM
  Forest Hill Society Meet & Greet, 23rd November alisa 1 5,108 22-11-2011 10:17 PM
Last Post: alisa
  Forest Hill Society AGM - 6 Oct 2011 michael 6 10,147 09-10-2011 06:45 PM
  Forest Hill Society General Meeting - Thursday 7th May michael 1 5,418 04-06-2010 09:16 AM
  Forest Hill Society Walks? SE23Fan 1 4,541 11-05-2010 06:52 PM
Last Post: sandy