SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Japanese Knotweed
kipya

04-07-2013 01:27 PM

[Moved from here -admin]

Talking about Japanese Knotweed there appears to be a house in Devonshire Road where there is a fine display in the front garden. This is just near the Junction with the South Circ. Presumably the house is be becoming un-saleable.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Novels

04-07-2013 01:32 PM

There's an article on today's Standard on the scourge of the Japanese Knotweed striking fear into householders...
I'm sorry about your story but today I've learnt something.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/be...87593.html

Perryman

04-07-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:
Talking about Japanese Knotweed there appears to be a house in Devonshire Road where there is a fine display in the front garden. This is just near the Junction with the South Circ. Presumably the house is be becoming un-saleable.

If you mean the corner house, that fine display is no more. There doesn't seem to be any sign of it returning either, as yet.

edpaff

04-07-2013 05:34 PM

I think I know the house kipya is talking about (not the one right on the corner) - it is a particularly fantastic display.

There has been quite a serious knotweed issue in a number of the back gardens of the properties facing Devonshire and David's Rd (including our own). It can be managed, with the right approach, but definitely puts a lot of mortgage providers off. The problem is, there needs to be a collective/collaborative approach to the treatment from all neighbours, otherwise it's a problem that will just keep coming back...

Sherwood

05-07-2013 01:18 PM

Japanese knotweed can come up inside an adjoining house. It is essential to kill it, which is not easy!

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Japanese Knotweed Sherwood 30 31,116 20-04-2011 02:48 PM
Last Post: michael