SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Royal Mail Delivery Problems
Devonish Forester

08-02-2016 10:50 AM

Nine items delivered today, only one of them for our address!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

08-02-2016 11:10 AM

The whole signed royal mail delivery service is a disaster. They just seem happy to dump the mail on anyone just to show it as being delivered in their stats. Last week they thought it was acceptable to leave my expensive package down the road with a painter/decorator doing a job at another house down the road. They could at least leave it with someone who actually lives at the address they have put on the card. On other occasions I've been sat in the house only to find a missed delivery card come through the letterbox - even though there was no attempt at knocking on my door.

Its only a matter of time before they start leaving parcels with the neighbourhood dogs and cats. In fact that would probably be no worse than it is already!

Ligersaur

08-02-2016 12:46 PM

Quote:
On other occasions I've been sat in the house only to find a missed delivery card come through the letterbox - even though there was no attempt at knocking on my door.

This is really annoying. I've previously heard that it may be because (i) the postman thought that he didn't have enough room for all the parcels on a round, so filled out the "sorry you were out" leaflets in advance and took them in the place of parcels; and (ii) temporary staff are not given parcels to deliver.

If it's important to get something on time then I order through Amazon.

chrisse23

15-02-2016 05:43 PM

Today, we received a birthday card for my daughter which had already been opened. I don't know if any money was in it when it was sent, but there definitely isn't now. God knows whether it was an accident, deliberate, theft, or what...

Devonish Forester

15-02-2016 08:29 PM

Is Monday a special 'bad mail' day? Today I had one letter for my neighbour (sounds harmless, but what if it was urgent and I was away for weeks?) and one for the former resident here (who has a re-direction) which I had already re-posted and written "please re-direct" on the envelope!

I have complained, but am wondering if I should write to our MP about it for him to take up with Royal Mail.

SteveG85

16-02-2016 12:28 PM

We live towards the top of Kirkdale and have the same issues with deliveries. Last week we had birthday cards turning up either completely open or with corners cut. Not very good.

rshdunlop

16-02-2016 12:34 PM

If your mail is turning up opened, especially those that are clearly birthday cards, I wonder if that's a matter for the police. See this advice on what to do if you think you mail has been tampered with: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consum...ered-with/

Devonish Forester

18-02-2016 10:50 PM

Yesterday I had a "signed for" posted through the letterbox. I was in and heard the clatter of the mail flap and would have heard the bell if the post-person had tried ringing it. They are supposed to obtain a signature or leave a card telling you to collect the item from the sorting office.

Does anyone know someone who works at the sorting office and could tell us what is going on?

I now try to avoid posting anything in this area, and I use the MyHermes service for packages - my experience so far has been positive.

SteveG85

19-02-2016 10:38 AM

I just gave the Royal Mail customer services team a call and reported the problems we have had. They were very understanding and assured me that they would contact the sorting office manager who would talk to the team. Frankly the problems seem pretty endemic so if the manager hasn't already noticed and acted then I'm not optimistic that he will now, but the current situation isn't acceptable so perhaps if enough people make complaints then there will be changes made.

The call took me less than 5 minutes as there was no waiting on the line, so I urge anyone else who has had problems to report them too. I have listed the number and also the keys to press to take you to the correct dept below. I made a point of raising separate issues for each i) leaving post half out of the letter box, ii) dropping elastic bands on the path, iii) opening birthday cards, which will hopefully increase the overall complaints count.

Number: 03457 740 740
Shortcuts: 2 , 3 , 4

Devonish Forester

30-03-2016 11:50 AM

Anyone seeing any improvement?

I had a letter delivered today for an address in Ealing. OK the road name is the same, but the postcode is totally different and clear on the envelope.

Last week I had someone else's mail re-directed to me by Royal Mail. The address redirected from was completely different from the address they should be redirecting from - the postal district was the only element in common.

Londondrz

30-03-2016 12:10 PM

Timely reminder, I received a letter for someone on the London Road, We are Waldenshaw Rd. Will doff my RM cap and redeliver it.

samuelsen

30-03-2016 01:41 PM

Last week I had a letter delivered for the same number in the next road.

I recently was told by the Forest Hill Sorting Office Manager when trying to locate a piece of mis-delivered mail that the post men/women deliver by residence number and do not read the details on the front of the envelope as "it would take too long"

It is those who sort the mail for delivery who make the errors. Unfortunately some appear to be neither literate nor numerate

The post men/women deliver what has been sorted and given to them. My experience has been that some have been very good whilst others just don't care.

Since Aaron, the last "regular" postman left we have experienced a variety of delivery staff. We had a mix of temps who took ages to do the deliveries, continually going backwards and forwards between the residences they where delivering too.

The two recent female delivery staff have generally been really good, one, Kelly I have not seen for quite some time and believe she just does parcels now.

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Lack of Royal Mail letter box deliveries in Forest Hill lately Scorpion 3 1,604 01-11-2023 10:24 AM
Last Post: Scorpion
  Royal Mail postal delays samuelsen 1 3,135 31-12-2021 03:35 PM
Last Post: samuelsen
  Royal Mail Delivery of Packages Redalways 33 34,661 07-03-2010 04:16 PM
Last Post: Red67