SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Topic Closed  Post Topic 
Mayow Park Café Operators Announced!
Mayow Park

22-04-2014 10:38 PM

There were lots of good things at this evening's meeting of the Friends of Mayow Park, although I think the one we've been waiting for most is to learn who will be running the new café, which will be open for the start of the summer holidays. And the winner is

Laura & Jess Tilli

as it says on their web site

Quote:
the very proud owners of ‘Brown & Green’-a wholesome lot more than just a train station cafe!

You can find our original Brown & Green cafe at Gipsy Hill train station serving up a whole range of take-away delights and our big shiny new addition is at Crystal Palace station. If you haven’t popped in for a coffee, a cuppa or some serious brunch yet then come on down & find out what all the fuss is about! We’d love to see you.

We serve exceptional organic Fair Trade teas & coffees, the best British bacon butties ,freshly baked croissants , steaming porridge, healthy salads, homemade soups & sarnies, and some seriously yummy cakes!

We are so excited to have opened two of our very own Brown & Green cafes right on our doorstep - being local girls serving our gorgeous local community is a complete dream.

Can’t wait to see you soon! Xx

And after that, I think I'd better do separate posts about:

1. Grow Mayow's new garden rising phoenix like from the devastation caused by Thames Water having to replace the sewer for the café. The rumour I've heard is that it's based on one in last year's Chelsea Flower Show, but I know for a fact they've been helped by volunteers from the park's residential cricket teams, who have
  2. An even fuller programme of matches lined up for 2014, including a day to involve the whole community, but much more of this in due course ...
  3. Immaginative ideas for how to use the now abandoned Bowls Green. But no one's rushing into solutions; we want to get the consultation right
  4. An innovative scheme proposed by our dog walker representatives to help encourage good behaviour by dogs

Seriously - it was the sort of community meeting which made you feel it was worth being involved.

This post was last modified: 22-04-2014 10:40 PM by Mayow Park.

Find all posts by this user

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mayow Park Café Openings Mayow Park 5 7,452 04-09-2014 01:27 PM
Last Post: Jane2