SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Baited food? Watch out round Waldram
Snazy

19-07-2008 08:51 PM

Just taken the dog for a walk and noticed sliced steak and burgers all right by the walls and fences, from Church Rise and up Waldram, 4-5 bits noticed at least. Not sure if its round Westbourne too.

Find it hard to believe someone would have "accidently" dropped the said meat, and all uniformly close to the walls like that too.

Sadly he has managed to grab and swallow 2 pieces, so I hope for someones sake this is NOT tarnished with anything in any way.

So dog and cat owners round that area, beware !

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
edd

20-07-2008 09:06 PM

Hope the dog's ok, Snazy? Sad

Snazy

20-07-2008 09:17 PM

Thank you Smile

Seems ok, maybe if its baited for smaller animals aka foxes etc ,then his size has helped.

Could just be a random person feeding animals. All the same I would rather food was not left out like that for peoples animals to get hold of.

Or, it could be someone apparently feeding medicine to the foxes via food, as I have heard is happening.

Either way, annoying he was able to get to such quantities of meat or unknown source.

psyche9

21-07-2008 04:57 AM

You could be right about a theory: I think there are foxes around with urban mange, so maybe someone is feeding them with medicated meat.

Snazy

21-07-2008 10:41 AM

There are indeed foxes with mange about. While its not a nice condition, its also not nice for fit and healthy animals to eat this meat with drugs in it.
While some may consider it a noble thing to do, I prefer to maintain concern for my own dog.
If its being done, it should be done in a controlled manner. Also, is that actually legal to do?

Either way, still not happy Tuvaaq was able to eat this meat. Would recommend if people see any laying about they kick it to a bin, or atleast off the pavement out of harms way

edd

21-07-2008 11:34 AM

I think you're right, Snazy. I don't think your dog actually needs more hair, either, does he? Laugh

Glad he's ok.

Snazy

21-07-2008 01:05 PM

Haha no your quite right. In fact he couild possibly currently donate enough hair daily to cover one average fox. Then we could have little wolves running about :D

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields