SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
To the owners of the pizza place @ The Old Bank
sydenhamcentral

23-04-2014 11:22 AM

How shops present themselves is incredibly important, both to the business in question and the street as a whole.

New businesses should invest in how they present themselves. It doesn't have to cost much either. Part of the reason why high streets are struggling is because area feel shabby because of how the shops make the area feel.

But I don't think this place looks that bad at present and sometimes it's best to open, iron out all the problems new businesses have, build up positive word of mouth and then work on the presentation of the businesses. Both should work together.

I find it weird that people would think that it's ok to open a shop and make it look scruffy and unloved. Honor Oak is looking quite funky these days. We looked to move there 6 years ago when we escaped Brockley but it got too expensive, but the high street looks better now than it did then overall. Ofter passing though it left a good impression and would entice me to go there to try some of the interesting places to eat/drink there because of how some of the shops presented themselves.

It's brilliant that it's not dominated by Domino's and I wish this new venture all the best, and if they need a hand with their signage, get in touch.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: To the owners of the pizza place @ The Old Bank - sydenhamcentral - 23-04-2014 11:22 AM