SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
New Cinema
michael

25-02-2014 08:23 AM

There is the possibility of a new cinema in East Dulwich. Picturehouse are planning to open a cinema on Lordship Lane (map)

I'm sure it will be great having a Picturehouse cinema so close to Forest Hill.

Quote:
Picturehouse Cinemas presents...

its proposals for Dulwich Picturehouse at the historic site of St Anthony's Church and former St Anthony's School.

Please come along to our informal exhibition at St Thomas More Hall, Lordship Lane, SE22.

Tuesday 4 March between 6:30pm and 9:30pm
Saturday 8 March between 10:00am and 1:00pm

We have now started our pre-planning application dialogue with Southwark Council and would love to share our ideas with you.

We look forward to seeing you on one of the above dates - we hope you will be as excited about our plans as we are!

Best wishes
Picturehouse Cinemas

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hellohello

25-02-2014 09:45 AM

I heard a rumour a while back that they were going to buy the Capitol... sadly I think it was just that, a rumour.

angusvanfrehley

02-03-2014 10:51 AM

Capitol was never in the running, it is privately owned and I doubt anyone apart from wetherspoons can afford the rent.

BringOutTheCranston

02-03-2014 01:54 PM

Wetherspoons seem to be doing very nicely in the Capitol. It's always busy when I go in there.

So why would they even consider moving on?

This post was last modified: 02-03-2014 01:56 PM by BringOutTheCranston.

BringOutTheCranston

02-03-2014 01:58 PM

Oh, and Picturehouse Cinemas are great. Very happy to have them nearer to FH. We often find Greenwich sold out so more options nearby has to be a good thing.

Applespider

02-03-2014 04:32 PM

When I first saw the news I thought it was brilliant and then I realised that for many people, it's not going to be that much closer than the Ritzy in Brixton. Although as the 176/185 tend to be slightly more frequent than the P4, it's probably going to quicker to get to/from!

I might actually get around to renewing my membership there if there are two within easy distance.

I'm not sure the Capitol thing was ever even a genuine rumour - probably more like wishful thinking! While Wetherspoon's is rarely my first choice of bars, it's a darn sight better than when it was empty for years.

michael

23-06-2014 10:06 PM

Planning permission was granted by Southwark last week for the Lordship Lane cinema.

shzl400

24-06-2014 07:48 PM

I do have to say that my family are regulars at that complete sleazepit that is the Peckhamplex at only £4.99 for 2d films and just a quid more for 3d.

Depends what you want from your cinema going experience, but if you just want to see the movie, it's fine for us, with free parking at weekends and often very empty screens when we've been recently.

I daresay, I'd only go in the daytime, though Ohmy

Mind you, if you want your sleazepit at full price, the Empire Bromley is the one for you - ick!

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields