SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
Phone Hacking Scandal Reaches FH
jgdoherty

08-07-2011 02:18 PM

Andy Coulson was arrested today at a South London police station.

The DT reports, "Shortly after being taken into custody at a south London police station, plain-clothed officers were seen carrying evidence bags and computers out of Mr Coulson's detached home in nearby Forest Hill."

"The police entered the property on the leafy residential street after a woman wearing a dark suit answered the door."

Full details at this link:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/p...rrest.html

BBC TV News crew and press are camped outside the house now.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dylan

08-07-2011 03:03 PM

he is currently in custody at Lewisham Police Station, I don't doubt lots of FH people know where he lives, its a pretty open secret now!
for his family's sake it would be intrusive and despicable to reveal it Forest Hill folk generally have higher standards than News of the World ex editors.

michael

08-07-2011 03:09 PM

Shouldn't we all pop down there once he returns from the police station? It's what he would have wanted...

rshdunlop

08-07-2011 03:13 PM

Anyone got his phone number? It would be nice of us to check if he has any important messages from maybe his lawyers or family. But then of course we would have to delete them so he didn't know we'd already listened to them. Obviously.

michael

08-07-2011 03:34 PM

We could make some money out of this. I could tell the journalists about the time Andy Coulson ate my hampster.

rbmartin

08-07-2011 04:41 PM

I didn't realise Mr Coulson lived that close to where I live! A shock when on the bus seeing all those camera crews and satellite trucks at lunchtime.

jgdoherty

08-07-2011 05:33 PM

Shame on you all.

None of you is taking this as seriously as you should.

There will be repercussions (and free phone interceptions) for those of you who ... oh I can't keep it up - let's hope the repercussions to be visited on these alleged perpetrators is as grave for them as the degree of grief their vile and abominable actions visited on those people they violated.

As to three of Coulson's superiors within News Corp, whatever negligence or deprave complicity they brought to this shameful episode - let there be no hiding place. Let them feel the full force of law - no deals -with appropriate jail terms and deportation where appropriate.

Cancel your ST online subscriptions and buy another Sunday paper, dump The Sun, cancel Sky: press advertisers to cancel their accounts and withold revenue.

The Murdoch News Corp empire claim they do all these things in our name because they allege we demand and buy their tainted product.

Prove them wrong.

AJH

08-07-2011 05:39 PM

Oh go on... where is it? Pleeeease. I want to go round and take photos of the photographers taking photos.

AJH

08-07-2011 05:41 PM

I guess that wasn't taking it seriously. Sorry.

How about this:

http://www.hasrebekahbrooksbeensackedyet.com/

(can you tell me now?)

AJH

08-07-2011 06:33 PM

Found myself through my spy skills (streetview).

But seriously, very sad state of affairs. Sorry to belittle.

notstoppin

08-07-2011 08:50 PM

So Essex-boy Coulson lives in Forest Hill! No wonder they eventually decided he was expendable. He may have worked for Cameron but he never really belonged, did he? Should have followed Rebekah Brooks' example and joined the Chipping Norton set. As the Telegraph puts it:

"It was called the Chipping Norton set, an incestuous collection of louche, affluent, power-hungry and amoral Londoners, located in and around the Prime Minister's Oxfordshire constituency. Brooks and her husband, the former racing trainer Charlie Brooks, live in a house scarcely a mile from David and Samantha Cameron's constituency home. The two couples meet frequently, and have continued to do so long after the phone hacking scandal became well known.

PR fixer Matthew Freud, married to Mr Murdoch's daughter Elisabeth, is another member of this Chipping Norton set. When Mr Cameron bumped into Freud at Rebekah Brooks's wedding two years ago, he and Mr Freud greeted each other with exuberant high-fives to signal their exclusive friendship."

Seems News International aren't the only ones with some explaining to do.

hasto

08-07-2011 09:08 PM

I thought he lived in East Dulwich!!

Wilson

08-07-2011 09:33 PM

Oh go on, give us a clue where he lives. I'm tired now of driving around to find it.

Seriously I did think I recognised that house on tv even before I heard it was around here. Its a double fronted brick building on a fairly flat street. I'm thinking around Honor Oak near HOR Bovill/Dunoon/Hengrave/Boveney, or Therapia Road. Hot or cold? I thought Perry Vale initially also. The other option is around Dacres Road. Apart from that I can't think of where it could be.

roz

08-07-2011 10:10 PM

Go on, spill the beans!

Perryman

08-07-2011 11:19 PM

I think I've seen him in the Moor Park Tavern not so long ago...

Orchid

09-07-2011 07:18 AM

He lives on Wood Vale.
The media circus outside are giving him something to think about

roz

09-07-2011 07:48 AM

Thanks- did think of that as a possibility- tempted to join the media circus later today if only to give him a taste of his own medicine however he does have children and therefore its not really such a good idea as probably very scary for them.

Orchid

09-07-2011 07:59 AM

Yes I really feel for those children.
So far the media have protected them, I'm pleased to say
I hope it continues

roz

09-07-2011 08:07 AM

Not that he cared about anyone elses children but theres no reason to stoop as low as he did. I do wonder though what drives them to do it and I still don't understand what they hoped to gain from hacking the phones of the Soham families, bereaved army families and Milly Dowler's and apparently now Madeleine McCanns. I hope Coulson et al get years and years in jail and Murdoch is finally out of business. I gather the Sun still doesn't sell in Liverpool.

brian

09-07-2011 11:37 AM

Roz
What happened to innocent until proved guilty ??

Are you sre The Royal Family were not involved with the hacking . Prince P likely candidate.

Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields