SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Lewisham?s Got Talent
michael

10-07-2008 07:56 AM

LONDON BOROUGH OF LEWISHAM
Media Release: 9 July 2008

Lewisham?s Got Talent!

Lewisham is staging its very own contest to find the most talented people in the borough.

A search is on for talent of all ages ? whether singers, dancers, buskers, comedians, variety acts ? or any other hidden talent.

Any Lewisham resident who believes they have talent can register to audition. The winner of the show will receive a prize worth several hundred pounds as well as the opportunity to perform at the Lewisham Country Fayre on 14 September.

The event, organised in partnership between Lewisham Council and Lewisham Shopping Centre, aims to support local talent while managing unauthorised busking in Lewisham Town Centre.

Key Dates

Registration: Saturday 19 July (11am-4pm) at Lewisham Shopping Centre
Auditions: Saturday 2 August (1-3pm), Lewisham Shopping Centre
Finals: Saturday 30 August (1-3pm), Lewisham Shopping Centre

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
michael

10-07-2008 08:35 AM

Does anybody else think there is something sinister about managing unauthorised busking in Lewisham Town Centre?
If they were managing authorised busking I could understand it, but the only form of 'management' that they can be talking about when dealing with unauthorised busking is prevention.

Anyway, I am not really very talented in the performing arts, but I do have other talents that I could demonstrate - I am very good at sudoku and I am quite good at arguing with railway officials. Perhaps somebody from Southern Railways could come along so that I can demonstrate my talent for arguing (alternatively I might have more success demonstrating my talent for bashing my head head against a brick wall). My rather belaboured point is; who is to judge our 'talents'? And with a population with such a diverse range of talents what is special about the talents that can be demonstrated in Lewisham Shopping Centre (does mugging count as a talent)?

Steam vented, all is returning to calm....

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields