SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home)
michael

04-06-2015 11:02 AM

I have had a similarly frustrating exchange of email with the planning consultant this morning.
I have reiterated the need for an accurate transport statement.
I think he finds it a bit frustrating that he was brought in after most of the work had taken place and he is left to defend some pretty tough issues, like the council planning statement - section 9.19:

Quote:
"these types of facilities should be at least in PTAL 3 as there is a high dependency on public transport."

They might not have said that if they had carried out a proper PTAL assessment (it took me 2 minutes) and establish that Canonbie Road is PTAL 2.

But as Decker has done, I would also highlight a number of assurances that we did get last night:
1. It is unlikely that this will put additional pressure on school places.
2. There was a clear agreement to ensure that the use would be for families only. We had already made progress on this issue since last year and they were talking about placing this in the S106 agreement with the council.
3. Some reassurance about legitimate concerns relating to anti-social behaviour, and the suggestion that monthly meetings take place with the police and housing officers to ensure that the situation improves rather than gets worse.
4. It is unusual for people in hostel accommodation to own their own cars.

My primary concerns remain about the quality of accommodation (and transport access) provided to the future residents. And poor quality accommodation can impact beyond the four walls in which families are housed.

Neighbours will have to make up their own minds about the potential impact, but I think some of the concerns will have been alleviated last night.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: 36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home) - michael - 04-06-2015 11:02 AM
Hamilton Lodge & 118 Canonbie Rd - Antony - 27-10-2014, 11:07 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dartmouth Road plans and Forest Lodge davidwhiting 7 9,959 09-06-2015 11:10 PM
Last Post: michael