SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home)
localbigwig

04-06-2015 08:58 AM

I have just returned from a meeting with the Lewisham councillors
And they assure me there will be no problems.

The meeting was very well attended with the vast majority were against the proposed change of use for both properties.
The presentation by the council was just a repeat of the previous presentation with little
said to alleviate the fears of the local residents.

The claim that the transient children would not put a burden on local
schools was based on the presumption that they would already have a school place in another part of the borough, but if they had special needs would be treated like any other school place applicant.

The councillors confirmed that they have no influence on the provision of doctors
surgery places but again presumed that as the people in the hostels were temporary
they would continue to use their current doctors surgery (if they have one)..

With regard to parking issues, the poorly paid consultant pointed out that a survey
was conducted one night and there were 100 available parking spaces available close to these hostels, this revelation was met with jeers and laughter and for me summed up
the whole meeting as a waste of time, as we were being told what ever was needed to be said to get this application approved.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: 36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home) - localbigwig - 04-06-2015 08:58 AM
Hamilton Lodge & 118 Canonbie Rd - Antony - 27-10-2014, 11:07 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dartmouth Road plans and Forest Lodge davidwhiting 7 10,007 09-06-2015 11:10 PM
Last Post: michael