SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home)
Decker

03-06-2015 10:15 PM

Firstly. The residents who have put up with the issues on Canonbie Road for the past 3 years (and still ongoing with 114 Canonbie) you have my greatest sympathy. I honestly feel depressed thinking about it right now. Totally unacceptable what you've had to put up with/still put up with. And Lewisham Council and the Police appear powerless to stop it. It's no wonder there were many upset people there, who directed that feeling towards this planning application.

Concerns of mine that they successfully addressed/made me feel better about:

1. It’s for homeless families ONLY.

2. It’s for homeless Lewisham families ONLY. Therefore the borough as a whole, will not see an increase in pressure on services, as a whole.

3. It’s short term, on average 26 weeks and families are top of the priority list when it comes to finding permanent housing solutions.

4. No guarantee on school places but I’m reasonably satisfied it is highly unlikely they will take up places.

5. They will make it concrete that the usage can not be changed. It’s for families only.

6. Costs - I’m no expert so I can’t verify their claims. But they said something like on a net basis, it’s cheaper than putting the people in B&Bs. Which sounds right if you consider the cost of capital etc.

MOST IMPORTANTLY

7. The tenants must sign an agreement with Lewisham Council, who can remove them for breaching that contract WITHOUT going to court.

See that’s the key issue with 118/114 Canonbie/Mariam Lodge (all privately managed). The Council has little power to do anything.

I want OUR council to run the properties. Not private landlords so we can make them accountable.

My ideal dream solution would be to sort out the issues at 114 Canonbie BEFORE going ahead with Hamilton Lodge. God knows those residents deserve it.

Finally! Can I just say the passion shown at the meeting makes me proud to be SE23. This includes the councillors who did a good job in a difficult situation.

Also it was pretty funny the woman who literally had no idea how to put her phone on silent Smile Quite funny indeed.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: 36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home) - Decker - 03-06-2015 10:15 PM
Hamilton Lodge & 118 Canonbie Rd - Antony - 27-10-2014, 11:07 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dartmouth Road plans and Forest Lodge davidwhiting 7 9,966 09-06-2015 11:10 PM
Last Post: michael