SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home)
michael

08-05-2015 11:14 PM

Certainly interesting figures and thanks for providing the sources.

But this probably does not relate to council run facilities such as proposed here, it relates to councils placing homeless people in accomodation out of borough. An example of this is Miriam Lodge, a privately owned hostel, accepting homeless people from at least 6 London boroughs and accounting for a large proportion of the Lewisham intake. Theoretically these individuals would still be provided with GP services and other council services in the council making the placement (I have no idea how that would work for a London borough placing somebody in Manchester).

My understanding is that Hamilton Lodge would be used solely by Lewisham council and would not be receiving residents from other boroughs (and Lewisham has enough families in such circumstances at the moment). Owning their own hostels is cheaper than using hostels in the private sector or bed and breakfast accommodation, which is likely to be outside of Lewisham borough.

Of course I could be wrong about all of this and others on the forum may be able to provide greater insight into the stories behind these figures. Questions like these, which are perfectly valid, should be put to the council at the public meeting we have been promised.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: 36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home) - michael - 08-05-2015 11:14 PM
Hamilton Lodge & 118 Canonbie Rd - Antony - 27-10-2014, 11:07 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dartmouth Road plans and Forest Lodge davidwhiting 7 9,958 09-06-2015 11:10 PM
Last Post: michael