SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home)
67Park

07-05-2015 05:46 PM

There’s only one of me, so I might just do that and probably double the membership. I’ve asked FHS a straight question, I only want a number, then we can decide how representative they are.

I doubt neither the FHS, TLERA nor the Councillors have bothered to read all 207 pages of documents and detailed plans, so the wool has well and truly been pulled over their eyes.

Nobody is saying these families going into hostels are already anti-social, it the institution itself which causes that effect, no matter how new the facility. I asked the Council a simple question about ASB in their hostels. They know it’s a problem, so have forced me to make a FOI request as this may not be processed prior to the application being granted.

The 50 children in these hostels WILL be entitled to attend local schools, see the High Court ruling from 2009 which gave all individuals in hostels the same legal protections and rights as we enjoy, so these children cannot be discriminated against for having no permanent address. And it’s not about what the schools want, it’s about what the need is.

The 26-week hocus pocus is just that too, there is no legal requirement for this and in fact the true average stay is closer to 16 months. Oh, and I cannot believe the FHS believes that the housing crisis will be all sorted in 5 years time. They really have had the wool well stretched over their peelers.

Further, the FHS is agreeing to the waste of almost £10M on 29 families, where neighbouring boroughs can house twice as many for a tenth of the cost. The FHS and the Council are financially illiterate, and when all the costs come out in the wash (another FOI request no doubt), this shocking waste of money when all services are stretched will only serve to show what a foolish proposal this is.

Nothing new there though!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: 36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home) - 67Park - 07-05-2015 05:46 PM
Hamilton Lodge & 118 Canonbie Rd - Antony - 27-10-2014, 11:07 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dartmouth Road plans and Forest Lodge davidwhiting 7 9,981 09-06-2015 11:10 PM
Last Post: michael