SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home)
Antony

24-04-2015 01:39 PM

Russell Jackson, Conservative, has replied to the Email I sent to all parliamentary candidates. He strongly supports opposition to the Council's plans and points out the benefits of cooperating with other boroughs on homelessness. This is an extract from his reply:

'I am very much against the proposals. The pressure on local services is already extreme and increasing density is not going to help. We do need more homes built but we need to make sure these are properly planned and supported. Unfortunately I think the local Labour Council actually have a pretty poor record of thinking strategically about these issues across the area or in conjunction with neighbouring boroughs such as Bromley to try to manage homelessness and housing capacity issues.

I am happy to try and do all I can to stop the proposals. Whilst I was on Bromley Council I chaired the Borough's planning committee so I would be very happy to offer any advice and support that I can on planning matters to try and overturn the proposals as part of the Council's decision making process.'

So, on one hand we have Lewisham Labour's' 'ignore what the local community want and let's just pack 'em into the homelessness warehouses' approach and on the other 'let's take a wider look at this, use some imagination and have consideration for the local community' from the Lib Dems and Conservatives.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: 36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home) - Antony - 24-04-2015 01:39 PM
Hamilton Lodge & 118 Canonbie Rd - Antony - 27-10-2014, 11:07 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dartmouth Road plans and Forest Lodge davidwhiting 7 10,008 09-06-2015 11:10 PM
Last Post: michael