SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home)
67Park

23-04-2015 11:18 PM

To quote Cllr Hilton (post 146): “What is interesting in this debate "Not in our backyard" is that a new school would equally arouse vocal neighbours who would object on the grounds of dangerous road, difficult crossing and more parents parking close to the school need for care home... was there an attack on a nursery nearby not so long ago?”

So we could introduce traffic calming measures for the “dangerous road” bit.

As to…“difficult crossing and more parents parking close to the school need for care home... was there an attack on a nursery nearby not so long ago?”

Sorry, this makes no sense, could you please clarify what you mean by this?

I understand the fear about the parking bit, with the swell at school start and close times, but there are such things as CPZs; and anyway, the Council’s own Parking Survey for this proposal says there is no problem here.

And Cllr Upex says, “it is better to provide decent temporary accommodation than subject them to the roulette wheel of unpredictability that B&B accommodation provides.” A hostel is no different, it is also a “roulette wheel of unpredictability.” Or can you prove otherwise?

I have asked the Council this simple question, one which should not require a Freedom of Information Request:

“Could you please let us know the exact number of anti-social incidents reported to both the Council and the Police by the tenants of the homeless hostels directly managed by Lewisham Council over the past 12 months. We would take it that your management, support and caretaking staff would carefully monitor and record these instances, so this is a straightforward question to which a straightforward answer would be much appreciated, without the need for an FOI request.”

To which the Council responded: “As you are seeking information from the Council this is a Freedom of Information Request.”

I wish I had some hair to pull out! Maybe I could do it at the Upex Hilton…

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: 36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home) - 67Park - 23-04-2015 11:18 PM
Hamilton Lodge & 118 Canonbie Rd - Antony - 27-10-2014, 11:07 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dartmouth Road plans and Forest Lodge davidwhiting 7 10,008 09-06-2015 11:10 PM
Last Post: michael