SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home)
michael

16-04-2015 04:31 PM

I don't think parking is likely to be severely impacted by a hostel for homeless families. Although some homeless families may own a car, I could imagine that many have other priorities on their expenditure. A few parking spaces will be available in Hamilton Lodge for residents.

But on the wider issue of transport, there are a few strange items in the transport statement. First I did a PTAL look up on http://www.webptals.org.uk/ and found that although Hamilton Lodge is just within PTAL rating 3, the site at 118 Canonbie is shown as having a PTAL rating of 2 (lower). This is because the coordinates used by the council survey uses the same coordinate for both sites!

Why does this matter? According to their planning statement - section 9.19: "these types of facilities should be at least in PTAL 3 as there is a high dependency on public transport."

Section 6.11 of the transport statement includes bus services that are within 400m, however, they have taken the liberty to extend this to over 500m to include bus stops on London Road.

Section 6.10 states:
"The development site is served by 2 scheduled bus services; the P4 and P12 with the nearest bus stops located within 50m of the site. The CIHT document ‘Guidelines for Public Transport in Developments’ dated March 1999, states that the maximum walking distance to a bus stop should not exceed 400m and preferably be no more than 300m. Other bus stops located within this distance are served by numbers 176, 185, 197 and 356. Clearly, the bus stops near to the development site comply fully with these criteria."

The P12 stop is at least 400m from the site, and the 176, 185, 197, 356 are all beyond 500m.

Section 6.4 states (including spelling mistakes):
"buses with sto close to the site serve the town centre"
I assuming this is meant to mean that the P4 serves Forest Hill town centre, which it does not.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: 36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home) - michael - 16-04-2015 04:31 PM
Hamilton Lodge & 118 Canonbie Rd - Antony - 27-10-2014, 11:07 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dartmouth Road plans and Forest Lodge davidwhiting 7 9,966 09-06-2015 11:10 PM
Last Post: michael