SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home)
jaradras

08-04-2015 07:52 AM

On the 24th October 2014, I posted a comment :
"The Council paid £3.3 m for these two sites ?. Where did these funds come
from ? from Council Tax payers ?; the Housing Revenue Account (HRA) or the General Fund (GF) ? would be interesting to know as money from any of these budgets can only be spent for a specific purpose & the necessary stakeholders consulted from what little I know, maybe someone can clarify this for us."

I wrote to Lewisham Council on this matter but got no response.

I am bringing up this issue because if the funds & the source of these funds were for a specific purpose i.e. for alleviating the pressure on homeless households and the Council expenditure for this purpose i.e. rehousing homeless families - then there was no need for this so called consultation charade as the decision to purchase, spend money had already been made and all that was required was planning permission for some changes - this is what they have done !.

Individuals on this forum have made very useful contributions on this issue and the local ward Councillors have encouraged this, knowing it was not going to make any difference on what we want or do not wish to have in OUR neighbourhood ?. It is exactly this lack of transparency by the Council and its elected politicians that discourages people from getting involved in issues that matter to them and the country. We are already seeing the fragmentation of the two party political system nationally - largely due to the politicians from the two main political party's NOT listening to our concerns. Politicians are talking down, whilst we are all having a conversation. This fragmentation is also happening regionally - cannot wait for this to be accelerated in London - as politics needs a good shake-up.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: 36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home) - jaradras - 08-04-2015 07:52 AM
Hamilton Lodge & 118 Canonbie Rd - Antony - 27-10-2014, 11:07 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dartmouth Road plans and Forest Lodge davidwhiting 7 9,966 09-06-2015 11:10 PM
Last Post: michael