SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home)
Cllr Paul Upex

03-02-2015 12:25 PM

Hello all

Thanks for the wide ranging comments - I wanted to give you an update regarding this issue with the Council question I recently asked.

I would also like to welcome any Forest Hill Ward resident to attend my next advice surgery on the 14 Feb at Forest Hill Library 10.30-12 noon.

You can attend the next Forest Hill Assembly meeting which is due to take place on Tuesday 17 Feb from 7pm at the TNG Centre on Wells Park Rd where we will hopefully have a presentation looking at the Homeless and Hostel position update and also the borough wide 20 mph - we hope you can make it.

Contact me on any issues using the details below. I would be also be more than happy to meet with residents or groups face to face for a beer or a cup of coffee in Forest Hill.

Best wishes

Cllr Paul Upex
Forest Hill Ward
020 8314 9952
cllr_paul.upex@lewisham.gov.uk
@paulupex
http://www.labour4foresthill.org.uk

LONDON BOROUGH OF LEWISHAM

COUNCIL MEETING

21 JANUARY 2015

Question by Councillor Upex
of the Cabinet Member for Housing

Question

Will the Cabinet member provide an update regarding proposals at Hamilton Lodge?

Hamilton Lodge is a detached 4 storey (including attic floor) Edwardian house, currently configured as a 32 room care home in Honor Oak. The property was purchased to convert for short term use (around 5 years) into a hostel for use as temporary accommodation configured to meet existing B&B demand. The current draft plans produce 22 units containing 81 bedspaces configured as follows: 7 x 2 bedspaces; 1 x 3 bedspaces; 8 x 4 bedspaces; 4 x 5 bedspaces; 2 x 6 bedspaces. 14 of these units are self-contained. This meets both current B&B demand and the requirements of the Mayor and Cabinet reports dated 19th February and the 9th April 2014.

The Council is in the process of preparing a planning application for this property to convert it from its current use to a hostel. The aim is to submit this application in February 2015. There have been two informal public consultation events held and the feedback from the community has been fed into the plans where possible. There will be a further public consultation event held if there are more than ten objections as part of the planning process.

The property is occupied by property guardians whilst the planning application is being prepared. The application will also be submitted at the same time as the planning application for Canonbie Road, where the Council will have vacant possession by the end of January 2015.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: 36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home) - Cllr Paul Upex - 03-02-2015 12:25 PM
Hamilton Lodge & 118 Canonbie Rd - Antony - 27-10-2014, 11:07 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dartmouth Road plans and Forest Lodge davidwhiting 7 9,994 09-06-2015 11:10 PM
Last Post: michael