SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home)
michael

24-10-2014 04:01 PM

Jaradras,
you raise some interesting points regarding need and provision of temporary house, and I suggest you direct them to local councillors who should be able to get hold of the figures. Alternatively you could attend the meeting on Saturday and ask the officers directly if they could provide you with the figures.

Quote:
100 beds for these two sites is a lot for two sites within close proximity, for them to say they will not all be occupied at any one time is not true.

There will be occasions where 5 bed units will only be used for 3 or 4 individuals. It is difficult for the council to plan exact matches between household sizes and units available, but they are obviously going to provide the most appropriate accommodation for the family concerned. 100 is the maximum number of beds planned for the units, based on the plans I saw yesterday.

Similarly I wouldn't get too caught up in the 6 month average time spent in temporary accommodation. The average will deal with some families that quickly move on, and others who are stuck in the system for much longer. But the 6 months figure was first presented to me as a 23 week *maximum* stay. It is not a maximum and the figure was confirmed to be an average (median or mode I did not ask), and I think 6 months is a better way to express their 23 week figure. In actual fact it is more like 5 months and 1 week, rather than 6 months.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: 36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home) - michael - 24-10-2014 04:01 PM
Hamilton Lodge & 118 Canonbie Rd - Antony - 27-10-2014, 11:07 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dartmouth Road plans and Forest Lodge davidwhiting 7 10,008 09-06-2015 11:10 PM
Last Post: michael