SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home)
jaradras

24-10-2014 02:36 PM

The Council paid £3.3 m for these two sites ?. Where did these funds come from ? from Council Tax payers ?; the Housing Revenue Account (HRA) or the General Fund (GF) ? would be interesting to know as money from any of these budgets can only be spent for a specific purpose & the necessary stakeholders consulted from what little I know, maybe someone can clarify this for us.

If the Council has ownership of these two sites maybe the first task is to manage the sites. 116 Canonbie is looking like a rubbish tip & the car park area of the ex Hamilton Lodge has not been cleaned for a while lots of rubbish and weeds galore.

Saving them money on the B&B means that families can be left for longer in these so called hostels. Can the Council provide us with figures for homeless individuals in temporary accommodation i.e. what are the current figures on how long families stay in these units. I do not believe that the average stay is 6 months, in my opinion it is likely to be around 1 year or even longer. This means the families will register for local schools & make the hostel their permanent address & there is nothing stopping them from doing so, adding more pressure on the existing schools in the area. Then there are those individuals who will not be happy with permanent offers of accommodation to move them along and they can appeal against these offers, causing them to stay on in these hostels for even longer.

100 beds for these two sites is a lot for two sites within close proximity, for them to say they will not all be occupied at any one time is not true.
Does this mean that the other Council hostels also have vacancies if so why the need for these 2 hostels ?.

I do not agree with the Council's proposals for these two sites and will strongly object to these proposals during the planning process. Housing may be a priority in the borough but this is not the way to address the shortage

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: 36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home) - jaradras - 24-10-2014 02:36 PM
Hamilton Lodge & 118 Canonbie Rd - Antony - 27-10-2014, 10:07 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dartmouth Road plans and Forest Lodge davidwhiting 7 9,797 09-06-2015 10:10 PM
Last Post: michael