SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home)
aggie

22-10-2014 11:30 PM

I agree with Ladywotlunches. It is so obvious that the site should be used as an extension for Fairlawn and the proposed hostel housed on the current Fairlawn nursery site. Parents would welcome not having to slog up and down the hill when they have children at both sites and the homeless people would surely prefer to be nearer to the town rather than stranded up the hill. Any antisocial behaviour could be observed promptly by the Community officers and local police. As far as I know the council have not sent leaflets to many households and that is a disgrace.I feel that every parent at Fairlawn and Francesa Cabrini should be made aware of these plans. The (albeit remote) possibility of even one unvetted, male loner watching the children fills me with dread. The recent tragic murder of teenager Alice Gross by an unchecked immigrant is food for thought. Are there any PTA members on the forum - the school heads will be unlikely to get involved. Finally, I have another suggestion which I will put to Lewisham Council. In an economy drive they have emptied all the offices in the very building where the plans for Hamilton Lodge will be displayed this week. How about using the site as a hostel for the homeless? It would save a fortune for those of us who pay council tax and would be a most practical arrangement for the temporary residents. They will have social services literally on their doorstep, library with computer access, job centre along the road, housing office around the corner, Aldi, Lidl, Poundland, market stalls etc. Can Honor Oak compete with that? The council will be able to demonstrate that they are making a real effort to spend OUR money wisely at a time when their cuts are causing real pain to many in the borough. There is not much time to make your feelings heard, act now.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: 36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home) - aggie - 22-10-2014 11:30 PM
Hamilton Lodge & 118 Canonbie Rd - Antony - 27-10-2014, 11:07 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dartmouth Road plans and Forest Lodge davidwhiting 7 9,976 09-06-2015 11:10 PM
Last Post: michael