SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home)
michael

02-08-2014 01:24 PM

If this was going to just bea temporary solution then a far better short term solution would be to work with the housing association that owns Featherstone Lodge (behind Eliot Bank). There is no expectation that there will be enough housing for everybody in london, so once a site is converted to a hostel it is likely to keep that use for a considerable amount of time. Of course nobody would suggest that we shouldn't care for homeless families, but there is no guarantee that it will remain for families, just as miriam lodge, once it became a hostel for families seeking asylum, needed no change of planning use to take other people, not just families.

In the meantime it would be good to know what the council are doing to alleviate the chronic shortage of school places (and GPs) in Forest Hill ward. These may be minor problems compared to the problems facing homeless families, but I believe they impact considerably more families in the area. (Unless somebody with access to the statistics would care to correct me).

The planning application for this site should be interesting and will give the developer an opportunity to explain the impact on local schools of an extra 21 families, because at present I doubt they would be able to be educated at completely full local schools, although they would probably jump to the top of the waiting list.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: 36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home) - michael - 02-08-2014 01:24 PM
Hamilton Lodge & 118 Canonbie Rd - Antony - 27-10-2014, 10:07 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dartmouth Road plans and Forest Lodge davidwhiting 7 9,793 09-06-2015 10:10 PM
Last Post: michael