SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
36 Honor Oak Road (ex Hamilton Lodge Care Home)
Triangle

11-02-2014 03:57 PM

From the 1950s to 1970, I lived almost opposite Hamilton Lodge. During that period it was first a private residence and then when the family moved on it did indeed become a language centre.

I am surprised that it has lasted as long as it has, even during the above period there were times when it was uninhabited. It must cost a small fortune to heat and run.

As a boy, I used to get up early before going to school (Fairlawn) and collect conkers from the trees that are outside Hamilton Lodge, which border Honor Oak Road.

Should anyone be interested, this, (see link below) is what used to be opposite Hamilton Lodge up until 1961. I used to play in the gardens of the houses shown (they stretched down almost as far as Devonshire Road) and I can remember that there were stables. You will note that the housing estate that is now opposite Hamilton Lodge bears the same name as the original owner of one of the houses.

http://www.ideal-homes.org.uk/lewisham/a...edar-lodge

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Hamilton Lodge Nursing Home Closed ? - Triangle - 11-02-2014 03:57 PM
Hamilton Lodge & 118 Canonbie Rd - Antony - 27-10-2014, 11:07 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dartmouth Road plans and Forest Lodge davidwhiting 7 9,965 09-06-2015 11:10 PM
Last Post: michael