SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Have your say on proposed changes to school admissions
lacb

03-02-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:
What I don't understand is why children of teachers should have priority on waiting lists above other children who live closer to a school. If we didn't have a serious shortage of places then it might be more reasonable, but when there are some areas of SE23 where you are unlikely to get into the three closest (non-religious) schools, I don't think allowing others to jump the queue will be popular except with teachers and the Independent schools sector.

I think this is entirely analogous to giving priority to siblings of existing students. Cuts down on unnecessary journeys across the borough, simplifies childcare arrangements but also good for staff welfare and management at schools.

It would surely be better to focus on the "serious shortage" than make the lot of inner city teachers even harder than it already is.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Have your say on proposed changes to school admissions - lacb - 03-02-2014 01:18 PM