SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Have your say on proposed changes to school admissions
michael

03-02-2014 12:37 PM

There isn't really a shortage of school places at that end of Dartmouth Road. The expansion of Kelvin Grove as well as three other local primaries (including two church schools) means this is not the best choice of sites for a new primary (not that I would oppose any such plans).

Additionally the council owned depot on the other side of Willow Way will become temporary space for a Sydenham school that is being rebuilt.

The police station does not belong to the council but belongs to the police. The police station in East Dulwich was recently sold off, possibly for a new primary school.

What I don't understand is why children of teachers should have priority on waiting lists above other children who live closer to a school. If we didn't have a serious shortage of places then it might be more reasonable, but when there are some areas of SE23 where you are unlikely to get into the three closest (non-religious) schools, I don't think allowing others to jump the queue will be popular except with teachers and the Independent schools sector.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Have your say on proposed changes to school admissions - michael - 03-02-2014 12:37 PM