SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Parking controls in HOP
Sherwood

23-01-2014 10:22 AM

I think pool cars have their own reserved space.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wuluf

23-01-2014 10:28 AM

I live on one of the roads just of HOP station and it fully gets parked up during the day and saturdays with commuting parking and it is a nightmare for those who live on the street and delivery vans. I am in firm favor of CPZ the positive to me outways the negitive. When we get to vote on them again I will vote yes.

Sparkles

23-01-2014 11:31 AM

Based on the fact our road tends to have ample space to park at the weekend and in the evening, I'm confident several of the cars parked along it during the day belong to commuters.

I do agree, CPZs can be a pain if parking for non-permit holders is banned all day long. But putting restrictions in place for a couple of hours around lunchtime might be a good compromise. If nothing else, it'd prevent people from leaving their cars there all day long.

sandy

23-01-2014 12:35 PM

Then parking is simply pushed out to other streets so to make it work there would presumably need to be quite a wide area controlled.

Sherwood

23-01-2014 12:41 PM

I think in Blackheath parking is banned from 11.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon.

This stops all day parking.

mrm1ag1

23-01-2014 07:22 PM

@ Shzl400 - It's not quite true - there is controlled parking in forest hill around Sainsburys - this doesn't seem to have spread for miles around?

Obviously the problem in HOP is very localised to the roads surrounding the station and so people will have vastly differing views. I don't see why a 12-2 zone could not be put in place in these areas.

Also - I think friends, family and trades people would welcome a CPZ where I live. It's impossible to park any where near my house after about 8am on a weekday anyway. Builders often end up double parked or over people's driveways etc

Sherwood

24-01-2014 08:20 AM

My main objection to CPZs is that the roads subject to them are half-empty all day while the residents/permit holders are obviously parking in other roads without CPZs!

lacb

25-01-2014 09:54 AM

There is definitely a problem with park and ride near HOP station but do agree with the anti-CPZ comments. Talk of CPZs is just a smokescreen IMO - the Council would love it as it diverts attention from a thornier root issue not in their control: local public transport.

Better transport links, most likely buses in this case, would be a win-win solution. Less park and ride, less pollution, less traffic congestion and better access to local shops.

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields