SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Victorian post-mortem photograpahs
TheMinxyBee

09-01-2014 10:42 PM

Dear All - I am not sure if this is the right place on the forum but thought I would give it a try. I know this maybe a long shot but worth trying. I am a second year MA student undertaking a dissertation on Victorian post-mortem photographs (photographs of dead people taken as keepsakes - for anyone that doesn't know - I didn't know they existed until I studied them a few years back), especially looking at ones that were taken between 1860-1900 of the type which include some artistic setting such as angels, flowers rather than the very plain ones. I was hoping with the Victorian influence of the area that someone may have some family photographs of this kind they would be willing to let me look at or that someone may have converted a property and found an album or some pictures of this kind and wondering what to do with them, if so I would really appreciate looking at them. Or even some geneologists or local historians out there that may be able to point me to someone who can help.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and if you can help please get in touch either on this thread or PM.

Geraldine

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields