SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 Next > Last »
Loud party noise
brian

19-07-2008 06:49 PM

Yes I do not think we have received any explanation to whom can be contacted before 11pm. Why is this do you think. Perhaps there is no answer.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SEdweller

20-07-2008 03:47 AM

Here is one for our Councillors. There is party noise coming from a party off Dartmouth Road in Bird in Hand Passage (flat above the off licence on the corner). It
has been going on since about 9pm and it is now 03.40 and having been woken up again I have finally rung the council noise team as have realised it is not going to peter out of it's own accord only to be told they leave at 0300 hrs. The switchboard said there is no plan B - so councillors are we to assume we are now left to our own devices to try to stop a rowdy party. Obviously the longer it has gone on we can probably assume the more unreasonable they probably are - although to be fair I am not planning to go and find out as assume if they do not have the decency and sense to realise they are causing a nuisance then can only assume they probably are unreasonable by this time. Can Councillor Peak or any of the the other Councillors please advise why we have to now wait until the noise team comes back on at 7pm Sunday night to have anything done about a party that will have (hopefully) finished by then? and what we do in the meantime as the Police now do not deal with it.

Greengoddess

20-07-2008 12:42 PM

Last night or should I say at approx. 01.00hrs today we had an incident in Woolstone with a mob of about 30 or so. I assume teenagers. running riot from a party, I was asleep and woken up by really loud music then screeming and shouting. I got up to see what was going on and saw as I said approx. 30 or so kids running riot on the corner of Woolstone and Levendale. The police were called by several neighbours and turned up within minutes. It was quite frightening to watch, as the tension level in the mob grew higher every second that passed. One of the mob had a car and they reversed up the road at speed then tore up Levendale at a rate of knots after someone (they were 99% white by the way in case anyone was wondering). When the Police did arrive as usual the majority scattered in all directons (not so brave now I thought). I'm sure all will be told in due course. I'd like to know where the house owner was and why there seemed to be no adult present to make sure this very thing didn't happen. Teenage hormones need to be supervised especially with all these knife incidents. This event could have ended up very badly if several of us had not called in the authorities. VIGILANCE is paramount these days or we wil loose all forms of 'Civilisation'.Ohmy

brian

20-07-2008 03:58 PM

My sympathy to both of you. Seems a rough night. Something needs to be done to cover noise nuisance 24/7, there always use to be and I got good service from them.
I do not want to hear they cannot afford it when they waste our money translating council publications to every language under the sun from Mongolian to Swahili.
Would Munich Town Government to the same despite the fact English much more spoken than German.
We need 24/7 cover . I suggest we all write to our councillors ( if of course the agree ) . I accept two sides to every argument.
I would imagine Bird in The Hand Passage fairly noisy from 10.00 am to closing time ( with the occasional swear word )

Londondrz

21-07-2008 08:32 AM

Loud music at 9am on the following morning (to keep it legal of course) will addle their hung over little minds. Join up with your neighbours who have also been disturbed and you can give the offending party a slice of their own cake.

brian

21-07-2008 10:03 AM

Yes sounds great to reply in kind but a bit childish and do not want to also annoy the innocent as well as the guilty.
I do have one of my fathers bagpipe band music in reserve for emergencies

Londondrz

21-07-2008 10:07 AM

Childish yes but sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

brian

21-07-2008 03:57 PM

I am still waiting for a reply from a Councillor as to what happened to the great service they had , you could call on 24/7 , where man came round to monitor and take action. Service was excellent.
When in Devonshire Road , about 10 or so years ago, called on them out of desperation about 3pm on a Sat. Opposite in flats named after Francis Drake an incredible loud boom boom noise was making it impossible for escape. I apparerently not the only caller.
They phoned me from the street to advise noise completely unacceptable. It was ca council property and he would get a strong letter written Monday giving them a formal warning and advising any repeat would mean eviction.
Nothing more was heard.
What has happened to this service

25-07-2008 10:23 AM

You need to get a life! I cant see what the big deal is!

If its only happened once - then whats the problem?

Londondrz

25-07-2008 11:00 AM

Sorry, some of us like our sleep more than next doors party.

25-07-2008 11:29 AM

Sure but you need to accept that you live in London not the countryside. Arent people aloud to have some fun every once in while? Maybe they were just celebrating something.

If it were a regular event then it would be a problem but it doeant sound like it is + they were finished by your bedtime unless you go to bed straight after the One Show's finished!

brian

25-07-2008 11:32 AM

It happens more than once. All I am asking is for a number I can ring 24/7 if problem. Otherwise only other option would be The Police

Londondrz

25-07-2008 11:34 AM

There is having fun and then there is keeping your stereo on full volume witht he doors open in a very densly populated area. By all means have a party but keep the doors closed or the sound down. I have a shed load of parties and BBQ's but keep the noise down, it's quite easy if you try.

I dont understand why you are happy to have a loud party but you dont like the people at the Bird in Hand making a noise. It's a pub and it closes at 12.

25-07-2008 11:41 AM

It could be the Bird in The AfterParty, in which case I see your point!

Londondrz

25-07-2008 11:42 AM

Laugh

Sherwood

25-07-2008 11:56 AM

brian,

Try 101.
I understand it is a new "Boris" initiative. It is supposed to deal with all matters except 999 emergencies.

hilltopgeneral

25-07-2008 12:04 PM

Greengoddess, why would anyone be particularly interested or make particular assumptions about the colour of the youths? It's hardly as if any group has a monoploy on antisocial behaviour.

What 1% of them was another colour, incidentally? Did they all have one black finger or was one guy Asian from the knees down?

brian

25-07-2008 12:24 PM

Thanks. Hope I have not got to use it but will note the 101 number

Greengoddess

25-07-2008 12:28 PM

You know, I'm begining to get the impression that some people on this site are very condesending and just want to wind people up just for the sake of it. I thought this site for communication and sharing of views not a place to make throw away comments. I think I may remove myself from this site as I find some of the posts written to un-informed and quite juvenile. I can only assume there is no minimum age requirement to participate. I got to my age of 40+ and am respected by not only my peers but also the children of my peers as a balanced, well informed, reasonable and respectful person. Especially 'respectful' of others views. I would recommend people read posts at least twice before making snap judgements and off the cuff replies. I will not be participating in this particular thread after this post and I will be closing the thread I started after today. Thank you to all who have participated with concern for the area. I wish you well in future endevours.

brian

25-07-2008 01:00 PM

Cheer up , please continue on the site. I agree your comments were very clear and fair. The matter you raised was indeed very serious.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields