SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Local Shop Landlords
P1971

01-01-2014 07:54 PM

My first post on this thread is to say my shop landlord is amazing and if all other's follow in his footsteps we would live in such an amazing place.
Anotherjohn is just the best xxxxxxx Big kisses and hugs Mr from me xxxx.
See Ya Soon xx

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
P1971

01-01-2014 11:40 PM

Maybe I shouldn't post this, but many shops are struggling to pay rent this month including me so use them or loose them, January is crunch time.

It's another sleepless night for me as a local trader, but lucky for me I have a very understanding landlord. Especially as we all have our tax returns to do by the end of the month which might be another bill.

Thank goodness my landlord is very understanding, not many others are as lucky as me, so please shop local this month as much as you can to keep local shops afloat otherwise they may go.

Anotherjohn

02-01-2014 11:19 AM

It's nice of P1971 to say that, however, I don't think she's being fair to other landlords.

Both landlords and their trading tenants need to pay their respective bills, be those mortgage payments or rent and stock etc, so we are all affected by the natural ebbs and flows of the local economy, which can be dictated by so many factors.

Okay, so I'm more flexible than some other landlords because I know Forest Hill and I'm looking to its future as, hopefully, a place with loads of small, quirky and independent shops and businesses with a whole different vibe to most other small towns in London; and this is already starting to happen.

I know there's still some way to go but I appreciate the effort and the contribution, which small traders (like P1971) have put into their businesses and the area and I am only too happy to try to help in any way that I can.

Only with a joint understanding and efforts of landlords, businesses, the local council and bodies like the FHSoc - not to mention the support of the wider community - will our collective ideal become a reality so, in all honesty, I believe everyone who is working towards this goal should take some credit.

P1971

02-01-2014 07:29 PM

Mr I do think you deserve a lot more credit than most with trying to make FH amazing equally like The Forest Hill Society. Most landlords would not be as understanding about rent being paid a few days late like you. OK so this is our first disagreement on here so you are in trouble now! I've got my nerf gun at the ready so WATCH OUT MR Hahaha!

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Landlords on the High Street michael 25 23,716 13-10-2012 09:00 AM
Last Post: Tinkerbell
  Your local coffee shop robwinton 3 4,771 26-01-2008 01:42 PM
Last Post: lillam