SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Early rising potato peeling volunteer required please!
Cellar Door

05-01-2014 05:52 PM

New Year's Day was excellent!

Thank you so much, Alice, for arranging all of us volunteers. And especially admirable with your first baby in tow. And just over 8 weeks old now. Please say "Hi" to the adorable Violet. And to Baxter. (What was Baxter's problem when we left your house the other day? He was giving me the sad puppy face like I had eaten all his doggie biscuits and then puked them up in his kennel.)

And, of course, say "Hi" to the other one. What's his name? Alvin? Frederick? George?

Or was it Alan?

And it was fantastic to meet so many other SE23.com Forumites. You people are such do-gooders. You make me sick the way you put other people first. Stop it! Or the hill will start to get a reputation. We are supposed to be hard-bitten Sarf Londoners. And don't you forget it. (Well done, though.)

Snazy and his niece Daryl and nephew Calum did an amazing job getting the lunch guests using the The Jimmy Mizen Foundation minibus and peeling potatoes and setting up the tables amongst many other things.

Tommo, the organiser, is simply the best. When you are with him you see life in High Definition.

The lunch guests that I had the pleasure to meet were what it was all about. One lovely lady used to work in the Unicorn Darts Factory on Stanstead Road (now Shurgard Self Storage). And in a printers on some road near to the Forest Hill Railway Station that has got the word David in it.

And another lady that lived around the hill when the bombs were falling in World War II. I was meeting history.

A great day to start off a great year.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Early rising potato peeling volunteer required please! - Cellar Door - 05-01-2014 05:52 PM