SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] Last »
FH is amazing, what do you think would make the area better than it is allready!
Perryman

23-01-2014 02:00 PM

What about having a large brass statue outside the station?
I suggest one of Freddie Horniman having a cup of tea sitting on a Walrus.

It would give FH a focal point, and reinforce our association with tea and the museum.
If that helps bring more people into the area to have a civilised cuppa and a bite to eat - a place to meet, that will increase trade for everyone.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hoona

23-01-2014 02:17 PM

P1971 just because people don't always post on this forum saying what they've done for FH doesn't mean they're not doing anything. There are people I know on this forum who are quietly volunteering for various things and getting stuck in, as you put it. We just don't all need to publicise it. Please don't preach to the converted.

Cellar Door

23-01-2014 05:54 PM

Perryman wrote:
What about having a large brass statue outside the station?
I suggest one of Freddie Horniman having a cup of tea sitting on a Walrus.

I second this great idea.

I bought some Horniman brand tea in the gift shop at the museum. I did not know that it was made and sold in the UK anymore.

The good old Horniman Museum has missed a trick, though. They do not sell it in their little tea/coffee shop/restaurant thingy. The young lady who served me tea also thought it a bit of a missed opportunity. She added though that the food part that I was sitting in was run by a third party.

P1971

23-01-2014 10:42 PM

Haha Anotherjohn, lets change the song lyrics to Paint It Black by the Stones then, but just change the colour to something brighter! Had a quick meeting this morning with L&Q before opening and they may be up for giving some extra funding. Thumbsup Got a few more ideas up my sleeve for future, but don't have the time to do it all at once, but I'll get there slowly but surely, and much more quicker with help from volunteers.
Perryman I think a statue of Horniman and the Tetley Brothers (who also lived in FH around 1900) would be great if possible, but think it might be a bit pricey.
Hoona I'm posting because I need help to do what I think would be good for the area and can't possibly do it alone, It would be great if yourself and friends would like to get stuck in (as yes I put it) with me to make FH great. Just so you know I do other personal stuff that I don't post about. Have you seen the new Fairlawn School PTA Logo? Yes it was done for free by us, but until your post I didn't want to share that information as It's personal, but feel I had too now as you seem quite involved.
Hope to meet you soon Hoona, and hope you and friends are up for pitching in.

Pauline.

Sammy

26-01-2014 04:09 PM

Where Dartmouth Road narrows, double yellow lines should be extended to prevent traffic build up. Just seen two buses trying to pass one another and cars having to mount the pavement to get round parked ones! I know retailers want parking but might be an idea to create spaces where the public seating is now, outside Paddy Power and the Sylvian Post.

edd

26-01-2014 10:25 PM

Some one needs to buy up the lovely Victorian building next to the pools (Elizabeth House?), renovate it a bit and install a big soft play (like Rascals et al) and cafe.
Would be huge earner, and increase footfall along the road too.

As long as they sound proofed it.... Laugh

Anotherjohn

26-01-2014 10:30 PM

Edd - Louise House is opening soon as an arts centre

http://www.v22collection.com/v22-louise-house/

P1971

26-01-2014 10:41 PM

Pop up cinema and pop up theatre might be joining V22 too!

Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields