SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Dartmouth Road attitudes & behaviours
michael

17-12-2013 05:13 PM

One of the nice things I like about Forest Hill is how friendly everybody is. Now I'll admit that I probably know people in the area than most people, but it is so nice to know so many business owners by name and for them to recognise me and my family.

It is lovely to stop and chat with people whether it be on the street, in shops they own and care for, in Sainsburys, at the markets, or occasionally in the pub. Or just to wave to Aga as I wander past the shop.

When I was showing a potential shop owner around the area it really made an impression on him just how friendly everybody was, and what a community there is. There is no better advertisement for the area than how nice people are.

So if there are a few rude people, we also have so many nice people in Forest Hill. It is too easy to dwell on the times people are rude or aggressive towards us, but it is nice to balance that with all the times people give us a smile or take the time to have a chat.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Dartmouth Road - Nice Attitudes & behaviours - michael - 17-12-2013 05:13 PM