SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Motorcycle nuisance on rise in SE23
SkipJumpHOP

05-07-2013 03:11 PM

Hi all, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing very very fast motorcycles riding in groups, speeding around the neighbourhood? Last night there was a gang of about 8 motorbikes grouped and speeding around Brockley rise, there are also awful noisy scooters going about, both groups seem to be revving and speeding for no real reason.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sibelius

05-07-2013 03:51 PM

I've heard one very loud one in particular, seemingly aimlessly going round the blocks. It would appear the sole intent is just to annoy.

InTheForest

05-07-2013 08:52 PM

Don't get me started on those idiots who roar along the South Circ with bikes that sound like loud painful farts at well over 30 mph.

euan

06-07-2013 10:59 AM

They seem to tear up and down Dartmouth Road most evenings too. There are often big shiny motorbikes parked outside Slickmanz barber's, but I don't know if they are the culprits.
Is there anything we can actually do about it? I can't see the police being too keen to stand around waiting for them to zoom past.

Londondrz

06-07-2013 11:02 AM

They could use the CCTV outside WH Smith but then they wouldn't be able to use it to fine people for bad parking. Pity really.

maxxonline2001

06-07-2013 01:59 PM

Yesterday I reported a problem with a gang of bikers. Unfortunately the police can do nothing. Even yesterday I heard while in police motorcycle driven at excessive speed. I also saw a police patrol at Dartmouth Rd. but there was no stopping for inspection. often passed by "slickmanz barbers" I sensed the smell of "herbs"Wink. Unfortunately, a police patrol walking behind me, pretending that nothing stinks!

mikes86

06-07-2013 08:32 PM

I live just behind the swimming baths and have heard these guys on both the mopeds and high powered bikes all week. I believe the police arrested the kids that were riding around till 3am and seized the moped. They returned with a new bike the following night.

As for the 'grown' adults on high powered bikes they are a real danger to other road users. Around two weeks ago I was walking along Dartmouth on a Saturday midday and they were all suiting up ready to ride later on that day I saw them all outside that barbers.

Spoken to the police and they said we just have to keep emailing and calling the council. Email below.

Communitysafety@Lewisham.gov.uk

dartmouth

08-07-2013 11:03 AM

I had the joy of living very close to Slickmanz barbers and I can say with full certainty that it IS that establishment which has produced the recent rise in nuisance from bikers. The owner himself owns the one that is parked on the pavement and in the time that I lived there, I witnessed countless accidents and near misses which were caused as a direct result of the bikers driving at high speed, doing wheelies etc. A rev of the engines as they all went past the shop to signal arrival was a pretty common occurence too. I complained bitterly to safer neighbourhoods for over two years (not just about the bikers but about the blatant drug dealing that was going on in the shop) and even to LT (whose buses were frequently having to brake hard to avoid the bikers as they performed tricks in the middle of the road) but not a lot happened. They raided the shop once I believe and arrests were 'imminent' but that was a long time ago and I guess nothing has changed. I can unashamedly say that Slickmanz was one of the main reasons for me moving.

euan

08-07-2013 11:56 AM

Thanks mikes86, I have emailed the council and would encourage others to do the same. The more voices they hear, the more likely they are to take action.

mikes86

09-07-2013 09:43 PM

No problem. I have also emailed.

As euan said let's all get on to the council and hopefully something will get done.

ForestJon

12-07-2013 08:40 AM

I was hoping I would find a thread about this. I had the pleasure of seeing the gang, consisting of about 7 or 8 sports bikes and a white quad, fly past me twice last weekend. Once it was the south circular, and once along Devonshire Road, pulling jumps of the speed bumps. It's a noise nuisance and also quite simply dangerous driving. The South Circular troubles me less - there are enough idiot drivers on that, but Devonshire Road is a quiet road with many families living along it. Next time I hear them coming I will whip out my mobile and video them. Perhaps they will think I'm a fan and pull a few wheelies for me if I'm lucky.

BT

12-07-2013 10:04 AM

A handful of tacks might be a better solution Thumbsup

Londondrz

12-07-2013 11:58 AM

Have you had a word and asked them to stop, you never know they may apologise.

and pigs will fly

dartmouth

12-07-2013 01:04 PM

The quad bike is owned by the brother of Slickman's owner!

maxxonline2001

06-09-2013 08:31 AM

Last night (1am) I called the police. I've had a situation where a group of ten bikers terrorizing some areas! The space above the office space transformed into a garden, you can see exactly how many times a day, children reaching the pool fleeing motorcycles! !! We can not sleep because every night they drive under windows Cursing!! barber shop owner said that nothing happens, and my actions are racist because I'm Pole, and he is black. More stupidity never heard of. 99% of my customers is different than white, in the office half my friends are black. It does not matter now that I myself am in danger. Someone has something to do with this bunch! The police does nothing council does nothing, and I like a fool to pay council tax I do not know for what. I'm going to clean up in Forest Hill, I just have a question - whether I'm alone or can I count on your help ?

Confused

maxxonline2001

06-09-2013 08:37 AM

Posted by Londondrz - 12-07-2013 11:58 AM
"Have you had a word and asked them to stop, you never know they may apologise."

It does not work! From the first seconds are very aggressive (not all, because there were three people quiet). They started shouting that they do not make noise, and I'm a racist. With that, I called the police.

charsiew

06-09-2013 10:15 AM

You guys should check out the South Park episode called the F Word. Basically, it is a group of guys on loud bikes making as much as noise as then can to get attention. When that doesn't work, they start making motorbike noises with their mouth to enhance the sound whilst driving around. It's comical and clever.

mikes86

16-12-2013 11:04 PM

The return of the moped nuisance near Sydenham girls, has anyone heard them? They seem to have disappeared for a good while and now they are back late into the night again.

I'm not talking about the high powered bikes, I know they are still around all be it less, probably the weather!

Anyone noticed these teens back on their mopeds?

Thanks,

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields