SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pub with BT Sport?
Jane_D

01-12-2013 09:58 AM

Does anyone know of a fairly local pub with BT Sport, in particular one that might be showing the Spurs-Man U match this afternoon? My partner who signed up for a year of Sky Sport just before BT got the contract is desolate..

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cellar Door

01-12-2013 11:00 AM

Hi Jane_D,

Ouch! Sorry to read that your partner signed up to Sky Sport just before the BT Sport victory.

All is not lost, though.

Tap or click on this cheeky link and you will be whisked away to the BT Sport Finder page. Once you arrive you will be able to search by postcode to find your nearest pub showing BT Sport.

If I may, then I would highly recommend The Bricklayers Arms on the corner of Dartmouth Road and Willow Way. This pub has been accredited by the British Institute of Innkeeping. So, you know it is quality.

One thing I love, amongst many things, is that they bring out tasty snacks for free for many of the big games. And the beer garden is the best I've been into for a long, loooooong time.

Good luck with your search!

Jane_D

01-12-2013 11:09 AM

CellarDoor, once again your local savvy and razor-sharp response time have saved the day. My partner is off to the Bricklayers in happy anticipation. Thank you!

Cellar Door

01-12-2013 11:57 AM

I am so pleased, Jane_D, for your partner.

I shall be making my way to the Bricklayers shortly, too.

It is a sensational arvo of football.

And the Bricklayers broadcasts Sky Sports from their 5 HD tellies, too.

They have it so that you can watch, say, rugby or racing in one part of the pub and footie in another. And a lovely room with no tellies so you can relax and read or chat. It is a dream sport's pub. For everyone.

Think the Blythe Hill Tavern, if you know that watering hole, but closer to the hill.

Enjoy your break from your partner this afternoon!

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields