SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (8): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »
Serial attacker lives in HOP or FH?
Bonnie Blue

29-04-2009 10:16 AM

They haven't contacted me yet

I have been followed by a light skinned black man for years
he is about the right age and so am I (well I'm 60 so a lot older than him)
He proffesses to have a serious 'crush on me'Unsure
he has recently seen me unloading my car and knows where I live so he came back and knocked on the door and offered his phone numberUnsurei declined and told him he could do a lot better (no point in being nasty to people)
He now cycles past and drives past He has a great big manky green van that looks as though gypsies live in it and claims to be a musician

Should I be concernedBlinkhe hasn't done anything wrong to me and may obviously be someone totally different

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ghis

29-04-2009 10:37 AM

Has he got acne scars or a type of spotting/marking on the side of his face?

Bonnie Blue

29-04-2009 10:53 AM

I didn't get that closeUnsure

michael

29-04-2009 11:19 AM

Given that catching this person is very important, when you next see him drive past I would recommend that you note down the registration and pass it on to the police - local safer neighbourhood's team 020 8721 2723 or national non-emergency number 0300 123 1212.

It sounds like you have treated this individual with the correct amount of caution and it could be dangerous to attempt to gain information more directly or to play along with him in any way.

However, as you point out, this person could be completely harmless. I hope he is for your sake, but then again it would be good to get this person off the street and prosecuted.

christianna

29-04-2009 11:35 AM

PLEASE report this-even of only to possibly elminate him-and possibly make him realise that what he is doing could be seen as harrassment!
Be safe not sorry!

Bonnie Blue

29-04-2009 12:26 PM

Well I have reported it to the Neighbour hood team who didn't know anything about the case
I really don't want him getting into any bother because he hasn't done anything wrong to me

christianna

29-04-2009 01:03 PM

Report this anyway-he hasn't done you any harm-YET!
FACT!The majority of attacks are done by people known (however slightly) to the victim!
He has followed you home -thisshould be enough to make you cautious for you own sake -and others.
Please stay safe.

Bonnie Blue

29-04-2009 02:22 PM

Well I might be concerned it it wasn't a normal state of affairs
African men follow me all over the place I am plump and have a big behind They like that and screech to a halt in cars One rushed into a shop and bought me Those Ferrera choccies. It is disconcerting but they don't seem too concerned about age for some reason. I can't get overly concerned about it
I once had Sainsburys in Dulwich tracking a man who was following me all over the supermarket. We never found out why and if they hadn't come and told me I wouldn't have known
No point in over reacting

christianna

29-04-2009 05:14 PM

Bonnie- I think it is fabulous you have so many admirers "Go Girl"!
BUT please do reconsider reporting this.

Bonnie Blue

29-04-2009 06:01 PM

If you read the post properly you will see that i did report it but unfortunately the Neighbourhood watch people didn't appear to know anything about it

I wouldn't describe them as admirerers but from being a very blonde little girl I always had unwanted attention. People notice blonde children and I hated all the stroking and patting and such that being blonde attracts. It didn't change when I became adult but I have learned not to feel threatened by the attention that blonde hair attracts
I'm silver now but still have the big bottom so I get different attention nowRolleyes
I have never considered myself harrassed. I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of anyone who tried quite honestly
I have worked in this area and treat lots of people, some very intimately and some are men
Never had a bit of trouble from men but the odd woman can be a nuisance for one reason or another

christianna

29-04-2009 06:16 PM

Forget Neighbourhood Watch
Try calling the police quoting 'Minstead Enquiry' -ask for Det Supt Simon Morgan .(from BBC article.)
I do hope he isn't the man but................?

christianna

29-04-2009 06:18 PM

Also from BBC article!
A reward of ?40,000 has been offered for information leading to the attacker's arrest and conviction.

Bonnie Blue

29-04-2009 06:24 PM

NW are going to pass the information to Brockley Police Station

?40k would be useful

he's a skinny individual so might have trouble overpowering me but then he hasn't tried
I think they look for victims and I am definitely not one of those
if he kills me I won't know about it
If he burgles me then I shall laugh
and if he rapes me well - I don't suppose i shall die of the experience

Bonnie Blue

29-04-2009 06:33 PM

I heard today that the predator raped an elderly man in a house opposite a friend of mine The old man is in a home now
that was in Sydenham

christianna

30-04-2009 10:01 AM

Unless he is also HIV positive?

Rapists don't just use sex as a weapon - they stab, burn, batter and more.People do die.

Glad you have passed on the details now.
Better safe than sorry.

Bonnie Blue

30-04-2009 10:31 AM

Christiana we know all this but I don't think it is necessary to assume everyone who pays unwelcome attention is going to harm you
It is just the way of the world
People say things to each other
if they didn't procreation would come to a complete halt

If I reported every man who tried to talk to me to the Police I would need a personal hotline and they would think I was a bit eccentric
Let's not get over excited I have probably been around a lot longer than you have and surprisingly enough I do know what goes on

christianna

30-04-2009 10:35 AM

I'm 58, mother of 2 and grand mother of 2-also the friend of two people who were raped and also of someone who is HIV positive.

Bonnie Blue

30-04-2009 11:41 AM

I don't think that makes you an expert
Given the work I do I would be a fool not to know about HIV but that wouldn't be my greatest fear
Herpes, Genital warts, Chlamydia,Hep B and C are far more prevalent and you can get those from anybody they don't have to be rapists
Something like 98% of Cervical cancer is sexually transmitted
A friend who is in her 50s and had to have treatment for abnormal cells said to me during the Jade Goody situation
"I had it and I hadn't done anything wrong"
the fact that her husband unbeknown to her was having affairs for years just hadn't crossed her radar
We are all possibly at risk one way or another because we never really know anyone

I was sexually assaulted 40 years ago by a 16 year old who had been drinking - I was about 20 at the time
I am a calm and collected individual and not given to hysterics so given that this happened in a dark country lane in the middle of Yorkshire, in the dark with no houses close by I decided not to aggravate this person in case he became aggressive. However he did annoy me and I suddenly used a very strong reprimand which surprisingly frightened him and he ran away. I can remember every moment of that night but what I do remember is to take control.
You will only be bullied if you allow it and if you don't they tend to back off
A few weeks ago i was walking back from Lewisham hospital alone, at about 4pm in the afternoon. I became aware of someone behind me who seemed to be dawdling and my antennae start twitching......i thought a bag snatch or something of the sort was imminent. I slowed my pace hoping he would pass me but he didn't, he levelled with me and tried to talk to me He was in his early 20s swarthy and grubby looking and definitely not English He didn't speak English and asked me if I spoke French. I just said are you lost? but we couldn't communicate and he didn't attempt to walk on and then he stopped looked me up and down in a lewd way and said "You - Me"
Laugh I am a fat 60 year old woman and he was a young bloke now do you think I should report him as well?
I just gesticulated with irritated expression and a flick of the hand and he legged it.

I think keeping doors and windows locked and not anwering the door to anyone you don't know is better protection as far as the rapist is concerned

christianna

30-04-2009 12:37 PM

Just stating I'm not a woman without life experience-certainly not an expert thankfully on rape although like you I have also been sexually assualted-by someone I knew.
I agree that if you act like a victim you are far more prone to be one.
Be safe.

Bonnie Blue

30-04-2009 01:50 PM

Will do my bestThumbsup

Pages (8): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields