SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
St Christopher's Hospice Fete this Saturday
SElady

29-11-2013 10:36 AM

St Christopher's Hospice Christmas Fete this Saturday from 11 until 2pm. Lots to see and do and the chance to win a car if you buy a raffle ticket.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cellar Door

29-11-2013 02:31 PM

Thank you SElady for alerting me to this.

I love a good fete.

This is a silly question. But I'm pretty accomplished at silly questions, so here we go...

Is the St Christopher's Hospice Christmas Fete being held at St Christopher's Hospice in Sydenham?

michael

29-11-2013 03:01 PM
Cellar Door

29-11-2013 03:15 PM

Lovely. Thank you, Michael.

Right then, I'm now preparing my wish list to hand to Santa tomorrow over at St Christopher's Hospice in Sydenham.

(And that is quite fancy that you can win a car at St Christopher's Hospice. They only driving I've been doing lately is to drive people up the wall. It will be a nice change to drive an actual car.)

SElady

29-11-2013 06:32 PM

Sorry got the timing wrong - 11 - 3.30

St Christopher's Hospice
51-59 Lawrie Park Road
London SE26 6DZ Smile

Cellar Door

30-11-2013 10:42 AM

SElady wrote:
Sorry got the timing wrong - 11 - 3.30

Thank you very much, SElady, for the timing update. And for putting the address in.

I am getting ready now to ride my bicycle over to Lawrie Park Road.

(And if I remember rightly that is the road that the lovely Kelly Brook used have a place.)

The Lovely Kelly Brook

Cellar Door

30-11-2013 05:22 PM

I am back from the St Christopher's Hospice Christmas Fete.

I bought so much.

I now am the proud owner of a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle. Soaps. Bath bombs. Christmas cards. I am still pulling things out of my bag that I forgot that I bought. There is an owl in there of all things.

The afternoon tea with cake was so good I did the tea run twice.

Santa was amazing. Everyone got a present. He is very thoughtful that way.

The garden is just exquisite. Peaceful.

I bought 5 tickets to win that car. If all goes well, then you will see me driving around the hill in my brand new HyundI i10 sometime after the 18th of December.

On the back of the raffle ticket, it mentions that St Christoper's Hospice is a world leader in care of the dying and those close to them.

I read that their care services support over 3,000 dying people each year. And that costs £17.5 million each year. And all this good work happening right on our doorstep. I did not know.

So, I am enormously grateful to SElady for letting me know about this wonderful Christmas Fete.

I had a great afternoon meeting lots of happy locals.

SElady

01-12-2013 06:04 AM

Thank you Cellar Door - glad you enjoyed it. Did not know about Kelly Brook. Have just posted about tonights even..... the lighting of the Christmas tree with carols and remembrance service.....
Tonight St Christopher's Hospice invites you to the Remembrance Tree Service. A beautiful service in the hospice grounds with carols around the Christmas tree - it's from 4 - 6 and guaranteed to get you in the Christmas mood. Great for children and all ages.
http://www.stchristophers.org.uk/remembrancetree
St Christopher's Hospice
51-59 Lawrie Park Road
London SE26 6DZ

Cellar Door

01-12-2013 12:40 PM

When I was at the table buying my raffle tickets I saw the beautiful cards for the Remembrance Tree Service. The pictures on the cards were just so evocative of Christmas. (Well done to the people that took the photos and made the cards.)

I then dedicated a light to my neighbour Stan who passed away in September this year (Aged 89 and ¾). Stan was the best neighbour there ever was. And I know a think or two about Neighbours. What with being Australian and all that!

The dedication of lights on the Remembrance Tree reminds me of an ancient tradition that I regularly attended when I lived in Japan. So, thoughtful. I still cannot get over the fact that this is going on right underneath my nose for years and I was blind to it.

I wish I could be there for the lighting of the tree but I have football commitments. I will endeavour though to make it.

And that is a huge turnout last year. 2,000 people! How do you fit them all into the gardens?

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  St Christopher's Hospice Remembrance Tree Service Tonight SElady 0 2,261 01-12-2013 06:00 AM
Last Post: SElady