SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Evelina Children's Hospital Fundraiser
P1971

26-11-2013 10:16 PM

I am helping one of my little customer's raise money for The Evelina Children's Hospital which is part of St Thomas's, and our first fundraising event is on Thurs 5th December 6.30 pm at The Hill on Dartmouth Road.

Ticket prices are £5 for adults and £2.50 for kid's and are on sale now with all proceeds going to The Evelina. This includes entertainment, an auction with all items donated from local traders, so you'll probably get a bargain, and nibble's courtesy of The Hill, The Butchery and myself.

As much local support as possible would be greatly appreciated with this event as it will benefit quite a few local kid's, and you will get to have a laugh at the expence of some local shop keepers, staff and customers that will be dancing a Greese medley.

Ticket's are limited, but I also need to sell all to raise the maximum amount we can. If anyone want's to reserve any please PM me, or just pop in to buy them. Thank you

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kelly

26-11-2013 11:19 PM

I watched the rehearsal tonight it was fantastic they are putting so much effort into this great cause so please come and support them and have a great night too,this is what our community is all about supporting others in need

P1971

27-11-2013 08:34 PM

Must say I am in agony today after last night's rehearsal's. Greese Lightning is so fast and I'm getting a bit old for this sort of stuff, but It was fun!

P1971

28-11-2013 09:32 PM

Still got some ticket's left if anyone is interested. Should be a great night!

P1971

01-12-2013 10:54 PM

Auction items from

Me - Use of shop for party venue
All Inn One - Sunday Roast and bottle of wine
Forest Hill Cake Co - Cakes
The Butchery - Money voucher
Mirror Mirror - Cut and finish
Marie's Boutique - Photoshoot at new photography studio
Bodyshot Personal Training - One hour personal fitness training session

Plus quite a few more that I can't remember off the top of my head, come along to get a bargain AND give to the Evelina at the same time.

Don't forget you can have a laugh at the expense of us local shop keepers and staff dancing a Greese Medley!

Ticket price £5 adults and £2.50 kids, includes nibbles from me, The Hill and The Butchery.

michael

04-12-2013 04:37 PM

Do you still have tickets left as I would like one?
Can others pick them up on the door, now that you have got the door to open Smile

P1971

04-12-2013 07:26 PM

Hi Michael
Yes I still have some ticket's left so I will leave one on the door at The Hill for you to pick up, and yes other's can come along and buy a ticket at The Hill from 6pm or from me tomorrow from 10am.
AND yes Michael I now have the keys to Santa's Grotto. Thank goodness I have the best shop landlord in FH, he almost jumped through hoop's yesterday to get me the key's for 7pm last night so that 4 lovely local resident's could dress the actual grotto part which look's amazing. Now it's on to the free workshop area!

Almost forgot to add to the auction item's there will also be

Energie Fitness Centre - 6 months membership
Stag and Bow - Workshop voucher

Aga's Little Deli and For Your Eye's Only will also be donating something for the auction.

This post was last modified: 04-12-2013 07:47 PM by P1971.

P1971

04-12-2013 08:20 PM

Just had a phone call so another act is now added to tommorow's entertainment. We now have

Classical music played on the baby grand by a very talented 10 yr old.
Greese medley which I have previously mentioned.
Duo playing piano, guitar and singing. Just been added.
Singing by an original I Love FH boy that done gig's in The Hob and The Swiss Cottage when it was up and running a few year's ago, this is what I'm most excited about!

P1971

04-12-2013 10:28 PM

No preasure original FH boy, my new name for you! I know you won't be annoyed at me for telling everyone how amazing you are and how much you love FH, and most importantly how much you are trying to make FH the best place to be for everyone near and far. I need say no more. Original FH boy see ya soon!

P1971

06-12-2013 11:29 PM

Hi All
I'd like to say thank you to everyone that came along last night and to all the local FH trader's that donated auction item's, and to The Hill for letting me use the main bar for this event. It was a great evening and the total raised for The Evelina Children's Hospital last night is £877.50.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Lewisham Hospital or Kings College Hospital? Yael 3 6,576 27-10-2017 01:28 AM
Last Post: shaman
  Forest Hill Boys School Fundraising for Evelina Childrens Hospital P1971 0 3,701 08-07-2015 07:49 PM
Last Post: P1971