SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Topic Closed  Post Topic 
Do you know this lovely ginger cat?
Tinkerbell

18-11-2013 10:26 AM

Hi,

Do you know this cat or know who might own/miss it?

I would really appreciate any information, he's such a lovely, very sweet natured ginger tom cat and may well be missed by someone! He currently roughs it in the gardens at Garthorne Road and HOP, but may be from elsewhere in SE23.

I last posted about him in July, after he had been sleeping in my garden for a couple of months and was very hungry. I'd been feeding him for quite some time, and was looking for someone who could perhaps give him a home - he seemed stray (I would have loved to adopt him, but my own tom cat is quite territorial and doesn't really like the competition). He is neutered, but at the time, he was not chipped (I took him to the vet to get checked). He then disappeared for a couple of weeks, just as I had found a lovely lady who wanted to adopt him, and came back some time later, sporting a brand new collar. I had hoped this meant there was an owner after all.

However, he's been sleeping in my garden again in the last 6-8 weeks and is constantly hungry, waiting in front of the patio door for several hours until I feed him. Since last week or so, I've allowed him to sleep in my kitchen (he'll happily roll up on a cushion and snooze til the morning) as it is getting very cold outside and he often sits out there until after midnight and I feel sorry for the poor little chap, but it means I have to lock my own tom cat upstairs - so not ideal.

If anyone knows "Harry" the ginger tom or has any information as to whether there might be an owner, or if he is your own long lost cat, please do get in tough, as it it getting very cold now and I'm not really able to adopt him permanently. He is very sweet, loves being scratched on his back and head and is definitely used to people so must have had a good home at some stage?

I've attached pictures from the summer, he's fattened up a bit since then. :-)

Thanks so much!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Fionap

18-11-2013 04:22 PM

Hia - have you tried registering him with http://www.animalsearchuk.co.uk/find-los...ch=1&lfp=0

Also East Dulwich forum?

I found a cat recently who had managed to get herself across Stansted Road but hadn't wanted to cross back over. Turns out she'd been missing for quite some time (I found an old 'missing' ad for her on the above website and got her back to her owner). A similar thing happened to a friend of mine's cat regarding crossing a main road so it may be that ginger has wondered from Dulwich or other side of Crofton Park?

Nice one for looking after him and for doing the right thing!

cheers
fi

Tinkerbell

18-11-2013 06:58 PM

Hi Fionap -
Yes I registered him on animalserarchuk and a few other sites back in July, also wrote messages to a couple of people missing ginger cats on the other side of the railway tracks in SE23, but no success.

Thanks for the East Dulwich forum tip though, I'll try that as well! I agree, he could well have wandered over from the other side of the railway tracks, or along the tracks from Crofton Park down to HOP. I'll also put some posters up again - there is always a chance that he belongs to someone who may have been e.g. in hospital or otherwise unable to care for him for a while, maybe an older person, and who are missing him now. Fingers crossed!

This post was last modified: 18-11-2013 06:59 PM by Tinkerbell.

Tinkerbell

22-11-2013 12:00 PM

Great news - the owner got in touch after she saw one of my posters! I am so happy - he does have a good home after all and is apparently just an adventurer who can't help it. Typical cheeky cat. Many thanks everyone!

Poppy9560

23-11-2013 02:39 AM

YAY Smile

sharon

24-11-2013 09:30 AM

Great news Thumbsup

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields