SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Spreading the word
bigbadwolf

13-06-2008 05:50 PM

Hello everyone, I was just wondering how the rest of you discovered our little haven/outlet of virtual Forest hill? I personally stumbled across it by mistake as well as Sydenham town forum. Since the introduction of membership the interest in this site has exploded to nearly 1300. I was also wondering if you talk to your friends about se23.com and do they take an interest? I know there are local business owners on this forum in Forest hill and Honor oak, would you be willing to make your customers aware of the forums existence or can any one else suggest other alternatives as I'm going to ask the library if they would be willing to have a sign in their I.T section advertising the site. I also have a suggestion for next years Forest hill day. Those that attend who are members of the forum should wear a t shirt with the Se23.com logo printed on the back with there username on the front as not only will this boost attendance but for those who choose to advertise there membership will be able to put some faces to names. What do you think?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PVP

14-06-2008 12:34 PM

Once upon a time back in the day, there were some posters up for SE23.com. I think that was how I made it here.

Or it was BD's charisma drew me, I was powerless to resist.

koza

14-06-2008 01:04 PM

t-shirt idea, i like it and i think it could really work too, but you do it first. like you say your name on the front and the site address on the back. i do think that these forums or social networking sites seem a bit nerdy as is facebook but people use them. infact this is better than facebook it's local issues the stuff that affects our daily business and i have just signed up, i have a lot to say in regards to my area and, i think, a lot to offer. i think these things can be so useful in rallying support for an idea, a community project or just awareness. displaying that you give a **** is the start of a better environment.

like you i stumbled on it a few years ago and used it to try and discover what people thought, pre registration, but sort of drifted away, after someone nudged me yesterday reminding me of it i am back.

Aaron

17-06-2008 12:55 PM

I found it whilst searching for SE23 in various search engines. I have recently moved to Forest Hill after visiting friends that lived here for about five years.

I have already told a couple of them about this site and two of them have joined.

Elizabeth25

17-06-2008 02:02 PM

To be honest with you, I can't rmember how I came across SE23.com? I know I found the towntalk site first.

A T-Shirt would be fun. Good idea.

I remember telling a friend of mine a few years ago about SE23.com and they got all excited and thought every post code had a web site. Sadly, E2.com and N5.com etc...didn't exist (then?).

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields